K12 SE AUTO,Removed Battery Terminal Now Car wont start

I disconnected the battery terminals, Now the car wont start. Everything electric work , its just that the car doesnt start. Can somebody please help me????

there,s probably some procedure to re-program it yourself akorwal (i dont recall seeing it posted up on here tho)
you could try a search on the ilexa forum ?

A quick google search threw this up. i know it says 2000 - 2002 models but it may be of some use to you as it sounds like just your problem. its a bit technical to read but i think the basic gist of it is to get your battery fully charged, re-fit it to the car, turn the ignition on and reset the trouble codes and your car should start. if it doesn't start you may need to get your keys recoded.

Heres a jargon buster to help you digest it too
DTC = diagnostic trouble code
ECM = engine control module
MIL =malfunction indicator light (check engine light)
CONSULT-II = nissans main dealer diagnostic software
C/U = control unit
NATS = nissan anti theft system

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

2000-2002 Nissan or Infiniti with No Start Problem and DTC Store in ECM
Service Information
If a 2000-2002 Nissan or Infiniti has a one of the following conditions;

- Engine will not start with a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) of P1610/P1611 found stored in
Engine ECM

- MIL "On" with a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) of P0605 found stored in Engine ECM
The cause may have been due to an incident of low battery voltage that had occurred at some time
when the vehicle was being started. The condition of low battery voltage might not be duplicated
during the dealer visit. Use the Service Procedure in this tip to repair the incident, if it should occur.
Service Procedure

1. Ensure that the ECM connector is fully seated and secured.
2. Fully charge the vehicle's battery.
3a. Erase the Engine ECM DTCs with CONSULT-II.
3b. If NATS DTC(s) were found stored in the ECM, then perform C/U initialization and re-register all
customer NATS keys. See ITB99-046 or NTB99-063 for information on C/U Initialization and
re-registration procedures.
4. Verify incident condition has been completely resolved.

Don't know if this is any help !

NATS will immobilize the engine if someone tries to start it without the registered key of NATS.
Both of the originally supplied ignition key IDs have been NATS registered.
The security indicator is located on the instrument panel. The indicator blinks when the immobilizer system is
functioning.
Therefore, NATS warns outsiders that the vehicle is equipped with the anti-theft system.
l When NATS detects trouble, the security indicator lamp lights up while ignition switch is in "ON" position.
This lighting up indicates that the anti-theft is not functioning, so prompt service is required.
l When servicing NATS (trouble diagnoses, system initialization and additional registration of other NATS
ignition key IDs), CONSULT-II hardware and CONSULT-II NATS software is necessary.
Regarding the procedures of NATS initialization and NATS ignition key ID registration, refer to CONSULT-
II operation manual, NATS.
Therefore, CONSULT-II NATS software (program card and operation manual) must be kept strictly con-
fidential to maintain the integrity of the anti-theft function.
l When servicing NATS (trouble diagnoses, system initialization and additional registration of other NATS
ignition key IDs), it may be necessary to re-register original key identification. Therefore, be sure to
receive all keys from vehicle owner. A maximum of four or five key IDs can be registered into NATS.
l When failing to start the engine first time using the key of NATS, start as follows.
1. Leave the ignition key in "ON" position for approximately 5 seconds.
2. Turn ignition key to "OFF" or "LOCK" position and wait approximately 5 seconds.
3. Repeat step 1 and 2 again.
4. Restart the engine while keeping the key separate from any others on key-chain.

Micra K12 1.2 Auto SE NAts Malfunction

I have been to the dealers, even without looking at the car they have said that i need a new lock set,
which means new ecu, transpoder box, steering wheel colum etcc..... and quote me a minimum of £1000. Does any one know of a better or cheaper solution please?????

P1611 NATS means ID DISCORD IMMU-ECM, the system need to reset. It shouldnt be a big problem I think, try a independent garage may help.

but need a new lock set sounds pretty crazy, sorry couldnt help more.

Back