• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

k12 "rocky" steering wheel

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
steering wheel starting to feel a bit rocky, what is the torx bolt size to remove the airbag cover? Any tips for this type of issue appreciated.
I understand that there was a recall on these from Nissan due to the steering wheel coming loose due to the central nut slackening off! See HERE
I'd be VERY wary of driving it till it has been investigated. The wheel is located on the splines but is locked to the steering shaft by virtue of the taper fit of wheel to shaft. If the taper comes loose then the splines are doing far more work than they were designed for and if they strip you suddenly have no steering!:oops:

I understand that there was a recall on these from Nissan due to the steering wheel coming loose due to the central nut slackening off! See HERE
I'd be VERY wary of driving it till it has been investigated. The wheel is located on the splines but is locked to the steering shaft by virtue of the taper fit of wheel to shaft. If the taper comes loose then the splines are doing far more work than they were designed for and if they strip you suddenly have no steering!:oops:
Thanks, taking wheel off to check lock nut.