K12 reverse light switch

hi, do any of you guys here know how to remove/change the reverse light switch? And can someone post pictures? Thanks!

Hi Runel

The reverse light switch is on the transmission next to the gearbox black end cover. Whatever you do don't take gearbox cover off. It is behind the end cover bottom right. Might be bit tricky to get out, jack the car might help securing on axle stands. There might also be a cable tie securing the reverse switch wire. When you unplug switch either put a rag in hole to collect possible leak or container and top up oil if necessary. when fitting new reverse light switch it is recommended to use thread locking compound on screw or bolt like loctite

OP
OP
Runel
Hi Runel

The reverse light switch is on the transmission next to the gearbox black end cover. Whatever you do don't take gearbox cover off. It is behind the end cover bottom right. Might be bit tricky to get out, jack the car might help securing on axle stands. There might also be a cable tie securing the reverse switch wire. When you unplug switch either put a rag in hole to collect possible leak or container and top up oil if necessary. when fitting new reverse light switch it is recommended to use thread locking compound on screw or bolt like loctite
I cant imagine it, can you take some pictures where is it located? Is it inside or under the car?

Sorry About the pics Runel there off the haynes manual couldnt take pics of my car its terrensial rain where i am. If you look jack up your car at the front you ll see the transmission you see the black cover at the end of the gearbox its directly behind that. You ll have to remove wing liner maybe for better access secured by a few push in clips and the mudguard and 3 screws

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 313
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 272