• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

K12 Rear wiper

Hi guys
I have change my car's boot due to an accident and the new boot has a rear wiper.
How can i connect the wiper this some switch. In the underhood fuse box i found a rear wiper relay but my k12 doesnt equipped with. Can someone have the circuit diagram please?

Follow the loom to the back of the car and see if there is a electrical connector attached to nothing

It'd be easier if you have a friend who has one with a rear wiper, that way you know how many pins the relay needs (and what type) so that you can get one off ebay to fit to the front and also where the empty connector is that goes to the rear wiper if it turns out there's more than one that isn't connected to anything. There's also a chance you need a new indicator stalk I'm not sure.

OP
OP
Shawaaz
Thnks for your concern matt
My car doesnt equipped with rear wiper. But when i change my boot i got one with wiper. My car already have a rear wiper relay.i want to connect the said wiper to a double switch.

Thnks for your concern matt
My car doesnt equipped with rear wiper. But when i change my boot i got one with wiper. My car already have a rear wiper relay.i want to connect the said wiper to a double switch.
Even if the car isn't equipped with the rear wiper, usually they still use the same wiring loom and the unused connector that would have normally gone to the rear wiper will probably just have a bit of tape over it. That bit should be easy

Finding the wire that activates the front relay to energise the relay so that you can install a double switch will be more tricky. They will originate underneath the relay box, and then head through the conduit through the firewall and into the cabin. I believe it will be the wire that goes to pin 86 of the relay, but it depends how many pins the relay has. Once you've found it you need to put your double switch so that it closes the pin 86 and pin 85 circuit of the relay which will throw the switch within the relay and turn the rear wiper on