K12 Rear fog light and luggage compartment light always on

I have an unusual fault in that the rear fog light and the boot light remains lit all the time. It has been raining hard for days and I probably have water somewhere. I can't locate the boot light switch. Is it in the catch somewhere inside the tailgate? Does anyone have the wiring diagram for this section?
Any help would be gratefully received.
(originally posted in wrong section)

Now it's finally stopped raining I've managed to have a quick look. Can't see any water anywhere, everywhere is bone dry. Still can't find the tailgate switch for the boot light. I'm wondering if I have two separate faults. I can't find a relay for the fog light which I thought may have got stuck.

On my K11 I spent ages searching for the switch and finally found it was connected to the latch in a weird way which meant without taking the whole thing out it was completely hidden. Just had a look on the K12 and I can't seem to see anything, as they're apparently even more covered up, and having had problems with the boot trim in the past I wasn't gonna mess with it.

I believe there's a copy of the K12 ESM on Guy's site micrak12.com, just click on the second dot (one between k12 and com) in the banner at the top of the page. This could shed some light (pardon the pun) on both the fog light and boot lamp, certainly helped me when I was looking for an obscure wiring diagram I doubted existed :)

It's actually the last full stop of the main text but thanks for the advert Tchaaa :D.

It's actually the last full stop of the main text but thanks for the advert Tchaaa :D.

I seem to be quoting your site more and more on here, it's really useful for different tidbits for the K12. I have an odd question for you actually, I'll PM you.

Thanks for the info and link to service manual. My micra is 2008 model and it looks like the dreaded Body Control Module is faulty as the rear fog light is fed from pin 69 with 12 volts. I will need to check the output from this pin but my BCM connectors are different to the ones in the manual I've downloaded. As soon as I can find the pin layout I'll be able to check if its "high" all the time. Whatever happened to the old fuse, switch, relay, bulb circuit? The boot light switch is in the release actuator and it's OK. It switches the earth to the light but there is another earth feed to the BCM!

I have now found that there is always 12v coming out of pin 69 of the BCM which drops to 10.5v when the bulb is inserted without the engine running so it looks like the BCM is duff. I shall probably cut the wire to the fog light as it goes down into the footwell and fit an illuminated switch on the dash. No way am I going to spend nearly £500 to fix this! I've checked the MOT requirements and the fog light circuit can be independant of headlights or ignition. The boot lamp will be left out>

I've cut a hole in the ESP blank in the lower dash next to the mirror controls and fitted a switch. £2.15 in total. Job done!

Back