k12 power steering

Just finished repairing one of these its the third one i have done ! just swap it for a second hand one . after the swap the car will not start, natts light will be on ,leave the car for an hour or so and it will start , The natts light will come on again after 5 mins this does not affect the running of the car in anyway

Allan

Ex. Club Member
I have tried two different second hand units and left the car for days and it still will not start.
Any other solutions would be greatly appreciated.

huttojb

Club Member
EPS System Guru
It wouldn't matter, the EPS is paired to the BCM and will restrict starting if it's a 2nd hand unit.
Can be cleared with the correct CAN messages.

@huttojb

Hi Jason - I am new on here so can't PM

I am wondering if you are able to help, I am in Solihull but someone in the street I live has just started a new job with the NHS and has asked could I look at their car for them, the steering is starting to fail by the sounds of it. I can go and look at it but not sure where to start. I know the immobiliser is part of the system as I have suggested I may be able to disable to motor to stop it locking on but I am not familiar with this car, most other brands no issue but I have nothing nissan orientated and would like to get the car fixed for them - either replacement pump system etc

If you could drop me a message that would be great, I will see if I can track you down in the mean time and yes I Have seen a post saying you are moving house?

Cheers

Richard

Hey. Happy to help. Will drop you my number via pm
@huttojb Hi there huttojb. I have a PSC problem - don't know if you can help me with it? I live in Oldbury, can travel without the PS locally. Had the PSC column rebuilt twice, third time used another second hand one. Same PS symbol appears on dashboard each time and stops working. If you could help please PM me your number. NB I can't PM you atm because only just joined this site and you have to be member for seven days and have posted five messages to do so! Thank you!

Hi all,

The problem with my wife's car is still unresolved. I need help from anyone who can provide it please. I've tried some of the tricks people have spoken about reference turning the heating on/off and the windows up/down but ultimately whilst this makes it a bit better, my Mrs still can't drive it and I need to sort that. I'm based in Birmingham for anyone who's nearby.

Even if you can recommend anyone who can sort this, that would be a great help. Thank you in advance.

huttojb

Club Member
EPS System Guru
Hi all,

The problem with my wife's car is still unresolved. I need help from anyone who can provide it please. I've tried some of the tricks people have spoken about reference turning the heating on/off and the windows up/down but ultimately whilst this makes it a bit better, my Mrs still can't drive it and I need to sort that. I'm based in Birmingham for anyone who's nearby.

Even if you can recommend anyone who can sort this, that would be a great help. Thank you in advance.
Good morning, I think I spoke to you previously, sorry but my Nan has been diagnosed with Cancer and its been crazy trying to move her into my house and sort all that out.

I'm in Birmingham and can defo help, I'm not sure of the conversation we had previously as i have many conversations with people about EPS Systems.

Jason.

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I was meant to come and see you twice and then there was no word back from you.

I need ideally for someone to help me with the part and the installation.

Good morning, I think I spoke to you previously, sorry but my Nan has been diagnosed with Cancer and its been crazy trying to move her into my house and sort all that out.

I'm in Birmingham and can defo help, I'm not sure of the conversation we had previously as i have many conversations with people about EPS Systems.

Jason.
Hi Jason, sorry to message you on a thread I could not figure out a PM.

Could really do with some help my mums K12 steering has given up and she’s had a bit of a time of it recently so I would like to fix it for her. Heavy steering and PS go to dealer warnings. I’ve seen you can buy recon units but looking at your posts I’m hoping you may have a good fix!

I’m a bit of a petrol head and fleet / workshop manager so I have no issue self repairing I could just do with a bit of expert advice as I know very little about the specifics of a micra!

Any help would be much appreciated mate 👍