K12 Micras Rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.
but also things could be rephrased as in,,,,,,,,"you thing that the sharp part of a rose bush does you"

maybe not name calling eh :eek: but i think ken is entitled to have an opinion that a model of car is rubbish.
i personally think the nissan should be ashamed of the early k12 (almera/tino) camchain fiasco, which gave owners a £1000+ bill for a faulty component :suspect: (and totally destroyed the micra reliability reputation !)

nissan haven't proven to be very popular in the small car range anymore. if you compare sales figures of the K10, K11, then K12. i suppose they are trying to rectify that with the K13 but... Meh.

Timing chain problems wheel bearing problems POWER STEERING problems (check out yahoo) drivers doors flying open brakes not applying when pressed ignition problems 3 or 4 recall notices...If I recommended one of these cars to anyone it wouldn't be a friend or the friendship would die a death............The driving experience between the k11 and k12 the k11 wins hands down, the steering on the k12 is always trying to set its self in the straight ahead position so your driving it more unlike the k11 you could give it 5 degrees left or right on the steering and not feel it trying to pull back, Overall I say it is what it is a throw away car there are more k12s on eBay than k11s. The k11 has held its price much more than the k12 why? I have seen a N REG k11 1.3 selling for nearly a grand down south but a 2005 k12 only 2500, people will make up there own minds about these some will love it others will hate it there will be good ones and lemons the majority are the later. Mine has a mere 39k on it 2 lady owners and i have a w reg k11 with 30 k on it I have thrashed the k11 and pushed it as hard as anyone could in fact to the point of destruction and its bomb proof never let me down never had major surgery and still is a better drive than the newer k12, but thats just me been picky I bought with my heart and not my head but that said I will get more than I paid for it without trying to hard so every cloud has a silver lining, next car to buy is the 1.4 k11 micra why?........... why not.

So, the K12 is rubbish, a death trap and most of them are lemons? I suggest that the only thing that is rubbish about this thread is the stuff that is coming out of your mouth.

Yes, I agree everyone is entitiled to their opinion, but to post such comments on a Nissan Micra forum, most of which have no facts behind them and are sweeping generalisations slating a car to the benefit of no-one is out of order.

seadog you have major issues bud one bit of advice keep on putting me down......................PRICK

kenny, dont delete your account, i dont really hang around here much anymore. this was my first replied to post in months, i do all my hanging around on toyotaownersclub now.

im not trying to make a personal push at you, i do just wish you would enter an arguement, armed with facts, so people less in the know dont get the wrong impression about their cars.

anyway, im off to now to not post here for another 6 months! if theres an account to delete, delete mine, i dont own a micra and i probably wont even notice its gone :p and its a handy resource for someone who still owns a micra, which i dont.

'slan abhaile' as we say over here lads :grinning:

So, the K12 is rubbish, a death trap and most of them are lemons? I suggest that the only thing that is rubbish about this thread is the stuff that is coming out of your mouth.

I dont ever recall saying it was a death trap where is that said ? nope cant see it anywhere. As for lemons didnt say that either,

my lovely new car wish it was a good un

Attachments

• lemon-car.jpg
    lemon-car.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 770
I've not been bothered to read all of this thread so I might of missed something. Still it's not gonna stop be throwing my two cents in. I've driven the K12 and Clio and I've gotta say I think Nissan got the Danny DeVito.
twins.gif

Ok yeah no right minded person is gonna argue for Renault build quality. The clio's I've driven have suffered from a range of disabilities such as electronic alzheimer's and you've gotta love the optional extra "rain roof". But the clio drives really well and the engines compete. It's a nice place to sit and you don't feel like a berk. The K12 on the other hand feels like it was inspired by tranforma snacks and there's not getting round the fact that unless you give Joan Rivers' plastic surgeon a body kit and a lot of artistic license.... it looks stupid.
transforms1.jpg

mate i seriously feel that you have been unfair! obviously i think there could be a war between the k10, k11 owners and the k12 owners as most have there own opinion whats best like the ps3 and xbox row blah blah,

like i own the k11 and cant fault it and everything i find says nisssan on it :D but ive worked on a couple of dozen at work and they do say renault on the parts what come in like the bodywork and they feel like a renault to drive and just uncomfortable.....

so at the end of the day the k12 may have the least favours on its side compared to the k11 and k10 but if you like it then fine if you dont then fine for any reason theres no point causing trouble on here... what impression is it giving new members or people going to become members

Ha sorry. I'm not into turf wars. Just sticking my oar in. I will happily admit my K10 is a piece of arse (loveable and retro still). And I'm pretty sure members on here have have some pretty sweet K12's. Perhaps the pictures didn't get across my light hearted intentions?

I dont ever recall saying it was a death trap where is that said ? nope cant see it anywhere. As for lemons didnt say that either,

Timing chain problems wheel bearing problems POWER STEERING problems (check out yahoo) drivers doors flying open brakes not applying when pressed ignition problems 3 or 4 recall notices...If I recommended one of these cars to anyone it wouldn't be a friend or the friendship would die a death............The driving experience between the k11 and k12 the k11 wins hands down, the steering on the k12 is always trying to set its self in the straight ahead position so your driving it more unlike the k11 you could give it 5 degrees left or right on the steering and not feel it trying to pull back, Overall I say it is what it is a throw away car there are more k12s on eBay than k11s. The k11 has held its price much more than the k12 why? I have seen a N REG k11 1.3 selling for nearly a grand down south but a 2005 k12 only 2500, people will make up there own minds about these some will love it others will hate it there will be good ones and lemons the majority are the later. Mine has a mere 39k on it 2 lady owners and i have a w reg k11 with 30 k on it I have thrashed the k11 and pushed it as hard as anyone could in fact to the point of destruction and its bomb proof never let me down never had major surgery and still is a better drive than the newer k12, but thats just me been picky I bought with my heart and not my head but that said I will get more than I paid for it without trying to hard so every cloud has a silver lining, next car to buy is the 1.4 k11 micra why?........... why not.

I'm bowing out of this with one final comment, it's not really difficult to find one example of a really expensive K11 and one of a really cheap K12 to 'support' your arguement, or perhaps hatred of the K12 is more accurate, lol:suspect:

no your wrong again i said the friendship would die a death NOT the car is a death trap if your going to quote me then quote me correctly. as for lemons i said the majority not all. And if you bothered to read it as it was intended it was a comparison between what was and what is, and if the k11 had as many problems as the k12 then this forum would never have existed because no one would have kept them long enough to be bothered. But I will close this by saying I had every intention of selling it but now im keeping it for no other reason than to rag its guts out when thats done I will transplant a decent engine box combo along with new looms as I did with the 52 k11 then after all of that we will see how many posts are up asking how did i do that...........where theres a will theres a way, oh and dispose of the crappy electric power steering easy when you know how, hard when all you have done is fit a big bore exhaust and larger bouncy tyres..............:doh::p

mate i seriously feel that you have been unfair! obviously i think there could be a war between the k10, k11 owners and the k12 owners as most have there own opinion whats best like the ps3 and xbox row blah blah,

like i own the k11 and cant fault it and everything i find says nisssan on it :D but ive worked on a couple of dozen at work and they do say renault on the parts what come in like the bodywork and they feel like a renault to drive and just uncomfortable.....

so at the end of the day the k12 may have the least favours on its side compared to the k11 and k10 but if you like it then fine if you dont then fine for any reason theres no point causing trouble on here... what impression is it giving new members or people going to become members
Im not trying to cause any sort of trouble and maybe sometimes my choice of wording leaves a lot to be desired I was simply making observations between what was an excellent all rounder ie the k11 to what they have transformed into. Long and tall of it is Nissan have short changed there customers and given them the thin end of the stick, how many people have bought the k12 just because they owned the k11 and wanted a newer car (just like me) only to find in comparison it is not as good in fact not even close. I will say in its favor I do like the funky body and I do like the extra cabin space, brakes on mine fantastic, but the engine feels like it runs out of steam unlike the k11 on start up from cold it rattles its guts out until the oil gets up top. and its a very bouncy drive through the steering not as positive as the k11 and the gear change is clunky due to it having cables connecting the gearbox no doubt. So overall its a disappointing car but im in the position of been able to rip it all out and replace it with something better not all people are that lucky and have hefty repair bills to remedy the faults, If Nissan wanted to keep there customers why didnt they just re body the k11 or at least used tried and tested mechanics instead of something that works sometimes but not all of the time, If you had a pedigree dog and a mongrel had its way with it you wouldn't be happy, welcome to the k12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back