K12 Micras Rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Like the old T shirt says been there done that got the T shirt! I bought one of these Micras/Clio yesterday a 998cc Jobie knowing it needed a wheel bearing or other doing to it. Well I have fixed the wheel bearing fitted a nice new one in fact I did both rears Thinking in for a penny in for a pound, Car now drives without issue but what a pile of crap give me a k11 any day, The very first thing on the agenda is as soon as the log book gets here its going on eBay I don't like this car one little bit I even offered it to the wife saying I would use the k11 and she can have this one guess what she said a big fat NO. So within the next few weeks it will be going cant keep it wont keep it. I can say with all honesty that when Nissan went to bed with Renault a runt was born, if I can get what I paid for it £2200 on a 04 plate then I will be very happy if I have to take a hit on it then guess what I will still be happy I think with this model there is only two ways to look at it you like it or you don't, I don't think there can be any middle ground, maybe its time to look at other marques like Hyundai or Toyota even KIA yes KIA they cant be any worse than these.........:(

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
cant be any worse than this rubbish Nissan:laugh: are calling a Micra lol

i agree so many problems with them, i blame renault as i believe they are renault engines?
but there are many other marques out there go dip your wick! youll be backgrr ive returned and now have 3 nissans, :grinning: cant get enough

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Like I said in first place our lass wouldn't swap for her k11 but of to eBay in a few weeks time then I will start looking for a 1.4 k11, I would like to shoot it with a shotgun but then I would lose all my money..............whoopie I own a posh Renault Clio with a fur coat on now if it was a ford with a fur coat on I would be driving a Jag(Y)

Why would you buy a car with a 998cc engine when you were after the power of a 1400cc?

They have never been sold as a SPORTS car from day one in this model but as a means of transport from A to B.

I have a Australian delivered 2010 K12 1.4 auto that has just passed 70,000km in 14 months with zero issues.

Very zippy around town and yet still cruises at 110km/h all day when required ( whis is most of its life as I work 200km from where I live) and still returns 7 litres /100km fuel useage.

It has not let me down so far.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
I never said I was after the power of a 1.4, what I said was that I was very unimpressed with the k12 not once did I mention its speed power ect, I think what I was trying to say was that the k12 in general are crap did it not come across like that and that I prefer the k11, the fact I have owned several k11,s and re built a few from the bare shell up. makes me want to get another in place of this runt and as I have had various Sr,s and Si,s I thought I would go after the 1.4 simplegrr

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Maybe if I get very pigged off I could do what I did with the 52 plate k11 and retro fit the earlier none coil pack engine and box, after all you only need looms and a shell then it would be a true micra. Now theirs something to think about A k11 powered k12 HAHA again it would be a MSC first(Y)

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
is there a link to it this sounds more to my liking..I like the sound of that very much I would not go to sr20 spec but maybe 1.6 and I wouldn't think twice of ripping out the drive-train that's in there at the moment.(Y)

I too have a Renault K12, mines also a diesel.

Stop press, I actually like it!

We have had K10, K11 & K12 Micras over the years and without getting into a debate over which one is better, I really like my K12. Being a diesel it has loads of power on the go, quite ziptastic and no need to change down from 5th when you put your foot down and it is so cheap to run.

I'll get some pics posted up, hoperfully at the weekend. First on the list is tints, then suspension.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
My 1.6 K12 has done 96,000 miles with no issues WHATSOEVER and goes 'round corners like #### stuck to a barn door. I like it :grinning:.

Just try the new one (K13). Then you'll REALY have something to whinge about! Invited to try it out by my local Nissan dealer, after I let him know there was NO WAY we'd be trading in for one of those, absolute pile of crap! Fit and finish are awful and it goes/handles as bad as it looks...

2 1/2* out of 5* is the best review I've seen in the press.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
I think its a love hate relationship Nissan love them we hate them, maybe one day there will be a guide to retro fitting the better Nissan engines out of the k11, I was thinking of the route I went when I did the 52 plate coil-pack and re loom it with looms from a L reg k11 but then I read that they have the hateful electric power steering and its tied into the coded system what a pile of doggy doos. How to overcome that one would be a chapter in itself. Come to think of it I drove the micra I bought and thought how strange the steering was I put it down to me just been me I now know its a crappy system so Ive read. I cant decide what to do for the best, sell it and move backwards or rip it all out and start where Nissan should of with a tried and tested engine box combo, who knows will the drive shafts even fit the splines ie k11 shafts k12 hubs? are these interchangeable hubs that is probably not so do you then have to change the whole strut its a mine field to say the least but maybe just maybe worth doing..................im undecided unless of course I rag the guts out of it blow the engine rag the box and be left with a dilemma of sourcing a engine and box for about a grand or buy a k11 for less than half that and rebuild it.........Oh if only clouds were cotton candy

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Mmnnnn Renault chassis so will that mean a Megan engine and box combo would fit maybe this is int such a bad thing after all think its time for some proper research

Like the old T shirt says been there done that got the T shirt! I bought one of these Micras/Clio yesterday a 998cc Jobie knowing it needed a wheel bearing or other doing to it. Well I have fixed the wheel bearing fitted a nice new one in fact I did both rears Thinking in for a penny in for a pound, Car now drives without issue but what a pile of crap give me a k11 any day, The very first thing on the agenda is as soon as the log book gets here its going on eBay I don't like this car one little bit I even offered it to the wife saying I would use the k11 and she can have this one guess what she said a big fat NO. So within the next few weeks it will be going cant keep it wont keep it. I can say with all honesty that when Nissan went to bed with Renault a runt was born, if I can get what I paid for it £2200 on a 04 plate then I will be very happy if I have to take a hit on it then guess what I will still be happy I think with this model there is only two ways to look at it you like it or you don't, I don't think there can be any middle ground, maybe its time to look at other marques like Hyundai or Toyota even KIA yes KIA they cant be any worse than these.........:(

your obviously very foolish.

did you not test drive the car before you bought it? if you test drove it, bought it and only now are you realising you hate it, then you sir are a fool.

pretty sure it has a nissan engine too ;) can you name me any single component it shares with the clio? (done be a smart ass and say the DCi engine either)

you either like it or you dont, even if you dont, that doesnt make it a bad car :)

but there just the characteristics of a diesel

Partly, I used to have a 1.2 petrol K12 and liked that.

I traded down from the last shape Vectra to the car I have now and believe me, if ever there was a car to hate it was that. Boring, anonymous, sloppy, 1.8 petrol slow and cost a fortune to run.

My 1.3 K11 was good, but I found it quite asthematic at higher speeds. I had done loads of mods to that car and it did handle well.

Once I get the suspension sorted on my K12 it will be even more fun to drive than it is now. It's loaded with kit and has a million times mopre character than a vectra or a lot of other cars for that matter.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
your obviously very foolish.

did you not test drive the car before you bought it? if you test drove it, bought it and only now are you realising you hate it, then you sir are a fool.

pretty sure it has a nissan engine too ;) can you name me any single component it shares with the clio? (done be a smart ass and say the DCi engine either)

you either like it or you dont, even if you dont, that doesnt make it a bad car :)

Lets see rear wheel bearings in fact everything on it is clio running gear and No its not a nissan engine, Gearbox if you look FOOL on ebay is exactly the same as the clio 111 done my homework try Wikipedia Oh yes I did test drive it and it was never intended as a keeper it was always intended to be turned over for a quick profit I am merely commenting on how rubbish the micra mark has become. One more thing go visit your local motor spares shop and they will tell you every component on there is Renault Clio oops it also has the clio chassis now who is the fool

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Wikipedia
The K12, unveiled in late 2002 with an improved 1.2 and 1.4 engine available in 3 and 5 door bodies. There is also a coupé convertible model called the C+C. It was designed at the new London-based Nissan Design Europe studio, developed at the Nissan Technical Centre Europe at Cranfield, Bedfordshire and built, as with its predecessor, at the Sunderland plant. The electric folding glass roof is made by the internationally reknowned coachworks Karmann and has a 2+2 seating layout.

Like the previous version of the Micra, the third generation model was made at the Sunderland plant. It had a wider range of engines, including 1.2 petrol and 1.5 direct-injection diesel engines, and offered an improved driving experience. It’s chassis would form the basis of the next Renault Clio launched in 2005. This stylish, all-new Micra helped Nissan bolster its market share of the supermini sector, which had been declining in the final year or two of its predecessor's life. Although it has never featured in the official top 10 best-selling cars in the UK, it has been among the best-selling 10 cars in Britain among private buyers for virtually all of its production life.

Lets see rear wheel bearings in fact everything on it is clio running gear and No its not a nissan engine, Gearbox if you look FOOL on ebay is exactly the same as the clio 111 done my homework

rear wheel bearings aren't the same as i will go on to prove in a second. it certainly is a nissan engine, the CR10DE, seeing as your such a firm believer in wikipedia, here's the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_CR_engine is a nissan. you havn't done your homework very well. i find the fact that you are using ebay as a parts reference laughable, its hardly a secure reference, people will tell you anything to make a sale.

Oh yes I did test drive it and it was never intended as a keeper it was always intended to be turned over for a quick profit I am merely commenting on how rubbish the micra mark has become

can you tell me one thing, just one, that is rubbish about it? aside from the failed wheel bearing of course, which you already knew was failing before you purchased. remember, styling/ trim doesnt make a car rubbish either, it may make it un appealing to you, but by no means rubbish. and if the styling/ trim was that un appealing to you, you should not have bought it. either way, if you never intended for it to be a keeper, then why the rant? just sell it like your original plan and move on.

One more thing go visit your local motor spares shop and they will tell you every component on there is Renault Clio oops it also has the clio chassis now who is the fool

this was rather convenient for me as i work at my local motor factors, i tried to compare some serviceable items, but this wasn't possible as they don't share any petrol engines, we were having a busy day so the only other item i had time to check were the rear wheel bearings, which have different part numbers, and when i took them out of the box, they looked very different indeed. i'l look up other components at your request but so far i have found zero in common, even components you were certain were the same. we use a visual parts reference system so i can fax on images from that if needs be.

Wikipedia
The K12, unveiled in late 2002 with an improved 1.2 and 1.4 engine available in 3 and 5 door bodies. There is also a coupé convertible model called the C+C. It was designed at the new London-based Nissan Design Europe studio, developed at the Nissan Technical Centre Europe at Cranfield, Bedfordshire and built, as with its predecessor, at the Sunderland plant. The electric folding glass roof is made by the internationally reknowned coachworks Karmann and has a 2+2 seating layout.

Like the previous version of the Micra, the third generation model was made at the Sunderland plant. It had a wider range of engines, including 1.2 petrol and 1.5 direct-injection diesel engines, and offered an improved driving experience. It’s chassis would form the basis of the next Renault Clio launched in 2005. This stylish, all-new Micra helped Nissan bolster its market share of the supermini sector, which had been declining in the final year or two of its predecessor's life. Although it has never featured in the official top 10 best-selling cars in the UK, it has been among the best-selling 10 cars in Britain among private buyers for virtually all of its production life.

98% of that text doesn't support your arguement one bit, i've taken the liberty of underlining the pieces that have no relevance to this discussion so you can double check them encase i've missed something. the piece that is slightly relevant, 'It’s chassis would form the basis of the next Renault Clio launched in 2005', if you read it correctly, actually tells you that the chassis of the k12 micra would later be used as the basis of the next generation clio which wasn't yet on the market, and possibly not even in construction.

so just to iron out that little wrinkle, the micras platform was used to underpin the clio, the clios platform was not used to underpin the micra, there is a difference. even when manufacturers share chassis, they dont do a like for like swap, most components are generally changed/ modified in several ways to suit the new application.

i find it very difficult to use wikipedia for anything more than a quick reference, the thing about it is that any(mis informed)body can change it, its not set in stone, so its generally a good guideline, but in a lot of cases its not 100% correct.

You wont get a 998cc engine from a clio as there only available in india

i just checked wiki as a guide, for the clio 3, there is no mention of a 998cc engine whatsoever (link :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_Clio) , im asuming because, once again, you are misinformed. however, i will double check in work tomorrow for you over the phone as i have to process an order for our local renault garage, i'l just ask does his parts system have a reference for a 1.0 clio3 in any country, i'l also check my own system and post back the findings.

if you wish to talk this through further Mr.Robo, then i would very much love to,and i'd really appreciate it if you took the time to write back even a short answer seeing as i've taken so much time out to set the story straight for you, so you don't think you've been fobbed off with a french car.

i do not mean to cause trouble or rise a stir with this, but i would like the facts to be correct in this matter, before we go slating cars/ manufacturers unnecessarily.

a k13, now theres a car thats watered down. :grinning:

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
spilt milk k12 is rubbish compared to k11 k10 and the parts at motor factors are listed as nissan/renault go and buy some you will see. AS for Wikipedia and 998cc engines try listing renault engines then read what it says about them you might also want to visit ciscos where there is a full write up on the k12 and nissan putting the 2ltr renault engine in there as the mounts were the same layout and the car was deemed to unstable for such a big engine hence the reason the k12 never became available in gti form.......To sum up Fred at my local motor factors who has 40 years trading behind him knows nowt, everything I have read on internet on Wikipedia cisscos and other forums is wrong, Frank on here who I regard as been the most clued up person on micra,s said and I quote the nearside may not whirr without any weight on it ken, but you should be able to feel the vibration through the leg with your hand tho eh
and its all clio running gear i believe, so dunno lol IS ALSO WRONG so you see andyseadog with your vast 20yrs of life and experience like all kids who think they know it all! come back when you have went to the school of life for about 20yrs then you may have right to tell me and others my age how to go suck eggs until then learn

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Like the previous version of the Micra, the third generation model was made at the Sunderland plant. It had a wider range of engines, including Renault-sourced 1.2 petrol and 1.5 direct-injection diesel powerplants, and offered an improved driving experience. Its chassis would form the basis of the next Renault Clio, launched in 2005 but still built in France. This stylish, all-new Micra helped Nissan bolster its market share of the supermini sector, which had been declining in the final year or two of its predecessor's life. Although it has never featured in the SMMT's official top 10 best-selling cars in the UK, it has been among the best-selling 10 cars in Britain among private buyers for virtually all of its production life.
1.0 L (999 cc) D7D 8-valve I4 58 PS (43 kW; 57 hp) 144 km/h (89 mph) 18.2 s Brazil, 2000-2007
1.0 L (999 cc) (gas/ethanol) D4D 16-valve I4 77 PS (57 kW; 76 hp) 165 km/h (103 mph) 14.1 s Brazil, 2003-present
1.2 L (1149 cc) D7F 8-valve I4 58 PS (43 kW; 57 hp) 160 km/h (99 mph) 13.5 s 1996-1998-Present, Clio Campus/Storia GPL
1.2 L (1149 cc) D4F 16-valve I4 76 PS (56 kW; 75 hp) 170 km/h (106 mph) 13.0 s 2001-present
1.2 L TCE 100(1149 cc) D4FT 16-valve I4 101 PS (74 kW; 100 hp) 184 km/h (114 mph) 11.1 s 2007-present, Clio III
1.2 L (1171 cc) E5F 8-valve I4 60 PS (44 kW; 59 hp) 155 km/h (96 mph) 15.2 s 1990-1993
1.2 L (1171 cc) E7F 8-valve I4 60 PS (44 kW; 59 hp) 155 km/h (96 mph) 15.2 s 1990-1995
1.2 L (1239 cc) C3G 8-valve I4 54 PS (40 kW; 53 hp) 150 km/h (93 mph) 14.5 s 1995-1996
1.4 L (1390 cc) E7J 8-valve I4 80 PS (59 kW; 79 hp) 175 km/h (109 mph) 11.2 s 1997
1.4 L (1390 cc) K7J 8-valve I4 75 PS (55 kW; 74 hp) 170 km/h (106 mph) 12.0 s 1998-2001
1.4 L (1390 cc) K4J 16-valve I4 98 PS (72 kW; 97 hp) 185 km/h (115 mph) 11.2 s 1998-present
1.5 L (1461 cc) K9K 8-valve dCi I4 65 PS (48 kW; 64 hp) 162 km/h (101 mph) 15.0 s 2001-2005
1.5 L (1461 cc) K9K 8-valve dCi I4 68 PS (50 kW; 67 hp) 163 km/h (101 mph) 14.9 s 2005-present
1.5 L (1461 cc) K9K 8-valve dCi I4 82 PS (60 kW; 81 hp) 175 km/h (109 mph) 12.2 s 2001-2005
1.5 L (1461 cc) K9K 8-valve dCi I4 86 PS (63 kW; 85 hp) 174 km/h (108 mph) 12.7 s 2005-present
1.5 L (1461 cc) K9K 8-valve dCi I4 101 PS (74 kW; 100 hp) 185 km/h (115 mph) 10.6 s 2001-2005
1.5 L (1461 cc) K9K 8-valve dCi I4 106 PS (78 kW; 105 hp) 190 km/h (118 mph) 11.1 s 2005-present
1.6 L (1598 cc) K7M 8-valve I4 88 PS (65 kW; 87 hp) 177 km/h (110 mph) 11.9 s 1998-1999
1.6 L (1598 cc) K4M 16-valve I4 110 PS (81 kW; 110 hp) 194 km/h (121 mph) 9.6 s 1998-2005(1999-2001 16v-sport version)
1.6 L (1598 cc) K4M 16-valve I4 112 PS (82 kW; 110 hp) 190 km/h (118 mph) 10.2 s 2005-present
1.7 L (1698 cc) or (1721 cc) F3N 8-valve I4 90 PS (66 kW; 89 hp) 205 km/h (127 mph) 9.2 s 1990-1991
1.8 L (1794 cc) F3P 8-valve I4 95 PS (70 kW; 94 hp) 185 km/h (115 mph) 9.9 s 1990-1998
1.8 L (1794 cc) F3P 8-valve I4 110 PS (81 kW; 110 hp) 195 km/h (121 mph) 8.6 s RSi
1.8 L (1764 cc) F7P 16-valve I4 137 PS (101 kW; 135 hp) 209 km/h (130 mph) 7.7 s 16S/16V
1.9 L (1870 cc) F8Q 8-valve D I4 64 PS (47 kW; 63 hp) 161 km/h (100 mph) 14.8 s Clio I, Clio II
1.9 L (1870 cc) F8Q 8-valve dTi I4 80 PS (59 kW; 79 hp) 175 km/h (109 mph) 13.0 s Clio II
2.0 L (1997 cc) F4R 16-valve I4 138 PS (101 kW; 136 hp) 205 km/h (127 mph) 8.5 s
2.0 L (1998 cc) F7R 16-valve I4 150 PS (110 kW; 150 hp) 215 km/h (134 mph) 7.3 s Williams
2.0 L (1998 cc) F4R 16-valve I4 172 PS (127 kW; 170 hp) 220 km/h (137 mph) 7.2 s 2000-2004, RS
2.0 L (1998 cc) F4R 16-valve I4 182 PS (134 kW; 180 hp) 222 km/h (138 mph) 7.1 s 2004-2006, RS
2.0 L (1997 cc) F4R 16-valve I4 197 PS (145 kW; 194 hp) 223 km/h (139 mph) 6.9 s 2006-2009, RS
3.0 L (2946 cc) L7X 24-valve V6 230 PS (170 kW; 230 hp) 235 km/h (146 mph) 6.4 s
3.0 L (2946 cc) L7X 24-valve V6 255 PS (188 kW; 252 hp) 245 km/h (152 mph) 5.8 s 2000-2004, RS

spilt milk k12 is rubbish compared to k11 k10

you still havn't give a reason! you cant go around making sweeping generalisations like that without a reason. it simply doesn't make sense, in my opinion you really need to back that statement up with a reason or take it back.

the parts at motor factors are listed as nissan/renault go and buy some you will see.

they're not though. i don't need to buy them, i can just look at them and put them back because i work there. you were wrong about the bearing, but if you feel certain that there are some other shared components, please tell me what they are so i can look them up.

AS for Wikipedia and 998cc engines try listing renault engines then read what it says about them you might also want to visit ciscos where there is a full write up on the k12 and nissan putting the 2ltr renault engine in there as the mounts were the same layout and the car was deemed to unstable for such a big engine hence the reason the k12 never became available in gti form.......

i don't see what that has to do with anything. we know they use the renault DCi engine, so the odds are high that other renault engines may fit straight in with the mounts provided. i don't see the relevance this has to the discussion though? we're talking about the 1.0 yes?

To sum up Fred at my local motor factors who has 40 years trading behind him knows nowt

just because he's been working for the last 40 years (like most people his age) and hopefully myself when i get to be his age, he has just as high a chance of being wrong as anybody else. it was you who actually said he knows 'nowt'

everything I have read on internet on Wikipedia cisscos and other forums is wrong

what exactly have you read on Wikipedia or ciscos with regard to the 1.0 engine being made by renault or the k12 micra using direct swap renault chassis parts? like i said earlier, wikipedia and forums can be modified/ altered by anybody, so the information stands a high chance being slightly inaccurate.

Frank on here who I regard as been the most clued up person on micra,s said and I quote the nearside may not whirr without any weight on it ken, but you should be able to feel the vibration through the leg with your hand tho eh

Indeed, Franks knowledge on the k11 is unquestionable in my opinion also, but in the statement above, he's just told you how to successfully diagnose a dodgy wheel bearing, which again holds no reference to this arguement.

and its all clio running gear i believe

i feel like im going around in circles now, but i will ask you again, what parts do you believe are shared? or could you at least elaborate on 'running gear'? don't believe everything you read, as your mammy would say.

so you see andyseadog with your vast 20yrs of life and experience like all kids who think they know it all! come back when you have went to the school of life for about 20yrs then you may have right to tell me and others my age how to go suck eggs until then learn

is this an age thing now? i completed second level education at 16, went on to third level, complete the necessary course, spend 18 months working as a service manager at a multi franchise dealer of which renault was one of the marques, i had recently been let go from my position there, and had been offered a job in my local motor factors, i didnt ask them, they asked me. thats not an attempt at being cocky, thats just me saying i feel as though i've been to college, studied the field, and worked on the ground, so i feel im in a decent knowledgeable position to comment on the above. im not just plucking statements out of thin air, like 'the k12 is rubbish'. just because your old(er), doesn't make you correct! admittedly i havn't yet spent a lifetime in the trade, but im going around it with my eyes wide open, and you don't need to be at it for 40 years to cross reference a part number to find out that its wrong.

Like the previous version of the Micra, the third generation model was made at the Sunderland plant. It had a wider range of engines, including Renault-sourced 1.2 petrol and 1.5 direct-injection diesel powerplants, and offered an improved driving experience. Its chassis would form the basis of the next Renault Clio, launched in 2005 but still built in France. This stylish, all-new Micra helped Nissan bolster its market share of the supermini sector, which had been declining in the final year or two of its predecessor's life. Although it has never featured in the SMMT's official top 10 best-selling cars in the UK, it has been among the best-selling 10 cars in Britain among private buyers for virtually all of its production life.
1.0 L (999 cc) D7D 8-valve I4 58 PS (43 kW; 57 hp) 144 km/h (89 mph) 18.2 s Brazil, 2000-2007
1.0 L (999 cc) (gas/ethanol) D4D 16-valve I4 77 PS (57 kW; 76 hp) 165 km/h (103 mph) 14.1 s Brazil, 2003-present
1.2 L (1149 cc) D7F 8-valve I4 58 PS (43 kW; 57 hp) 160 km/h (99 mph) 13.5 s 1996-1998-Present, Clio Campus/Storia GPL
1.2 L (1149 cc) D4F 16-valve I4 76 PS (56 kW; 75 hp) 170 km/h (106 mph) 13.0 s 2001-present
1.2 L TCE 100(1149 cc) D4FT 16-valve I4 101 PS (74 kW; 100 hp) 184 km/h (114 mph) 11.1 s 2007-present, Clio III
1.2 L (1171 cc) E5F 8-valve I4 60 PS (44 kW; 59 hp) 155 km/h (96 mph) 15.2 s 1990-1993
1.2 L (1171 cc) E7F 8-valve I4 60 PS (44 kW; 59 hp) 155 km/h (96 mph) 15.2 s 1990-1995
1.2 L (1239 cc) C3G 8-valve I4 54 PS (40 kW; 53 hp) 150 km/h (93 mph) 14.5 s 1995-1996
1.4 L (1390 cc) E7J 8-valve I4 80 PS (59 kW; 79 hp) 175 km/h (109 mph) 11.2 s 1997
1.4 L (1390 cc) K7J 8-valve I4 75 PS (55 kW; 74 hp) 170 km/h (106 mph) 12.0 s 1998-2001
1.4 L (1390 cc) K4J 16-valve I4 98 PS (72 kW; 97 hp) 185 km/h (115 mph) 11.2 s 1998-present
1.5 L (1461 cc) K9K 8-valve dCi I4 65 PS (48 kW; 64 hp) 162 km/h (101 mph) 15.0 s 2001-2005
1.5 L (1461 cc) K9K 8-valve dCi I4 68 PS (50 kW; 67 hp) 163 km/h (101 mph) 14.9 s 2005-present
1.5 L (1461 cc) K9K 8-valve dCi I4 82 PS (60 kW; 81 hp) 175 km/h (109 mph) 12.2 s 2001-2005
1.5 L (1461 cc) K9K 8-valve dCi I4 86 PS (63 kW; 85 hp) 174 km/h (108 mph) 12.7 s 2005-present
1.5 L (1461 cc) K9K 8-valve dCi I4 101 PS (74 kW; 100 hp) 185 km/h (115 mph) 10.6 s 2001-2005
1.5 L (1461 cc) K9K 8-valve dCi I4 106 PS (78 kW; 105 hp) 190 km/h (118 mph) 11.1 s 2005-present
1.6 L (1598 cc) K7M 8-valve I4 88 PS (65 kW; 87 hp) 177 km/h (110 mph) 11.9 s 1998-1999
1.6 L (1598 cc) K4M 16-valve I4 110 PS (81 kW; 110 hp) 194 km/h (121 mph) 9.6 s 1998-2005(1999-2001 16v-sport version)
1.6 L (1598 cc) K4M 16-valve I4 112 PS (82 kW; 110 hp) 190 km/h (118 mph) 10.2 s 2005-present
1.7 L (1698 cc) or (1721 cc) F3N 8-valve I4 90 PS (66 kW; 89 hp) 205 km/h (127 mph) 9.2 s 1990-1991
1.8 L (1794 cc) F3P 8-valve I4 95 PS (70 kW; 94 hp) 185 km/h (115 mph) 9.9 s 1990-1998
1.8 L (1794 cc) F3P 8-valve I4 110 PS (81 kW; 110 hp) 195 km/h (121 mph) 8.6 s RSi
1.8 L (1764 cc) F7P 16-valve I4 137 PS (101 kW; 135 hp) 209 km/h (130 mph) 7.7 s 16S/16V
1.9 L (1870 cc) F8Q 8-valve D I4 64 PS (47 kW; 63 hp) 161 km/h (100 mph) 14.8 s Clio I, Clio II
1.9 L (1870 cc) F8Q 8-valve dTi I4 80 PS (59 kW; 79 hp) 175 km/h (109 mph) 13.0 s Clio II
2.0 L (1997 cc) F4R 16-valve I4 138 PS (101 kW; 136 hp) 205 km/h (127 mph) 8.5 s
2.0 L (1998 cc) F7R 16-valve I4 150 PS (110 kW; 150 hp) 215 km/h (134 mph) 7.3 s Williams
2.0 L (1998 cc) F4R 16-valve I4 172 PS (127 kW; 170 hp) 220 km/h (137 mph) 7.2 s 2000-2004, RS
2.0 L (1998 cc) F4R 16-valve I4 182 PS (134 kW; 180 hp) 222 km/h (138 mph) 7.1 s 2004-2006, RS
2.0 L (1997 cc) F4R 16-valve I4 197 PS (145 kW; 194 hp) 223 km/h (139 mph) 6.9 s 2006-2009, RS
3.0 L (2946 cc) L7X 24-valve V6 230 PS (170 kW; 230 hp) 235 km/h (146 mph) 6.4 s
3.0 L (2946 cc) L7X 24-valve V6 255 PS (188 kW; 252 hp) 245 km/h (152 mph) 5.8 s 2000-2004, RS

we've discussed all the above already, its just confirming what we already knew, that the k12 later on went to lend its chassis to the clio, and the k12 used a renault sourced DCi engine. what you've actually done there is copied and pasted (again) something previously dismissed as irrelevant, theres a whopping list of engines there, of which i see no reference to anything to be honest. please highlight something if i've missed it. they all seem to be renault engines, the only one of which (the k9k) diesel was used in the k12 micra.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
What exactly are you trying to prove here that I know nothing OK I KNOW NOWT I WAS WRONG THE K12 IS A FANTASTIC CAR AND EVERYONE SHOULD OWN ONE......................they dont share any parts what so ever with renault cars not even a wheel bearing there is no comparison with the clio the chassis is totally different the wheels are not round....the engines are not derived from clios the discs are not like a clios in fact you cant swap from one car to the other I WAS WRONG AND BOW DOWN TO YOUR WISDOM...........You are the master of all things k12 your the YODA of the micra world LMFA

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Tribal ive done a few of those tattoos takes ages to complete a little like this thread lol......but not to worry I bowed down to superior knowledge what do I know im just a thick geordie(Y)

What exactly are you trying to prove here that I know nothing OK I KNOW NOWT I WAS WRONG THE K12 IS A FANTASTIC CAR AND EVERYONE SHOULD OWN ONE......................they dont share any parts what so ever with renault cars not even a wheel bearing there is no comparison with the clio the chassis is totally different the wheels are not round....the engines are not derived from clios the discs are not like a clios in fact you cant swap from one car to the other I WAS WRONG AND BOW DOWN TO YOUR WISDOM...........You are the master of all things k12 your the YODA of the micra world LMFA

im not trying to prove anything as such.

im trying to let everybody know that the k12 is by no means 'rubbish', because its not.

it shares a minimal amount of parts with the clio, the pertols are still nissans and that will be reflected in the reliability.

im not claiming to have a massive k12 knowledge, im not doing this for pride, i dont want anybody to 'bow down'. i just hate seeing people giving cars a bashing with no information or justification whatsoever to back up their claims.

edit :

THE K12 IS A FANTASTIC CAR AND EVERYONE SHOULD OWN ONE

in my opinion anyway, that could be true. it may not be as much of a looker as the k11, but they are still a nice reliable, economical town car, i'd certainly recommend one to a friend.

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
They're electric, made by Renault and have never gone wrong.

Can anyone spot the deliberate mistake in that sentence :laugh:?

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
My wing mirrors say Renault on them :laugh:.

the one`s that are on my k12 atm do thats why i imported some jdm ones so there not the same :D

i think there are a few other parts shared though just can`t think of them off the top of my head nothing major though

RustyCheez

Ex. Club Member
I have had 2 x K12's in the past 6 years and a K11, I have also had the unfortunate experience of owning a Renault Megane, I admit I have had a couple of niggles with the K12 & K11 but nothing that has been engine related and the cars have started first time everytime in all weathers and I love them. I had a Megane for 8 months and wanted to drive it off a cliff problem was it was so unreliable it would have probably broken down before it reached the cliff edge. What car company sells a car that has known TDC sensor problems so that almost everytime you turn a corner the car cuts out! and the exhaust falls off every 100 metres because of the inadequate mountings. I am sure there are a few parts that are Renault on the K12 but only seen the logo on the windscreen wipers.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Timing chain problems wheel bearing problems POWER STEERING problems (check out yahoo) drivers doors flying open brakes not applying when pressed ignition problems 3 or 4 recall notices...If I recommended one of these cars to anyone it wouldn't be a friend or the friendship would die a death............The driving experience between the k11 and k12 the k11 wins hands down, the steering on the k12 is always trying to set its self in the straight ahead position so your driving it more unlike the k11 you could give it 5 degrees left or right on the steering and not feel it trying to pull back, Overall I say it is what it is a throw away car there are more k12s on eBay than k11s. The k11 has held its price much more than the k12 why? I have seen a N REG k11 1.3 selling for nearly a grand down south but a 2005 k12 only 2500, people will make up there own minds about these some will love it others will hate it there will be good ones and lemons the majority are the later. Mine has a mere 39k on it 2 lady owners and i have a w reg k11 with 30 k on it I have thrashed the k11 and pushed it as hard as anyone could in fact to the point of destruction and its bomb proof never let me down never had major surgery and still is a better drive than the newer k12, but thats just me been picky I bought with my heart and not my head but that said I will get more than I paid for it without trying to hard so every cloud has a silver lining, next car to buy is the 1.4 k11 micra why?........... why not.

Yes they have had their teething problems, however, that list pales incomparison with new BMW or Mercs who are supposed to be the top of the pinnacle of motoring.

I like my K12 despite what others think because it has been a very reliable vehicle and does not pretend to be anything but what it is - cheap reliable sensible motoring with a little touch of art deco design.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
The k12 I have is just the 998cc with only 39k on clock sounds very unrefined as if the engine just wants to give up and die. Not smooth at all and defo not quiet. I would hope I can get a better engine in there if I decide to keep it but the lack of anyone doing any engine upgrades on these makes me think its not worth the hassle. Something else that bothers me is the keyless entry just more crap to go wrong. When I lock mine it makes a god awful grating sound so somewhere down the line retro door locks will be fitted with a key, and if the system goes wrong how are you supposed to get into it break a window maybe. If I thought there were some interesting snippets in the members only section regarding engine swaps ect I would re join but I doubt there been any.........:down:

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
Doesn't the blipper open to reveal a key and you pop the cover off at the side ofthe passenger door handle to reveal a key hole?

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
I have no idea never looked and didnt even know about it, I just thought it strange that there was no key hole lol

Yes they have had their teething problems, however, that list pales incomparison with new BMW or Mercs who are supposed to be the top of the pinnacle of motoring.

I like my K12 despite what others think because it has been a very reliable vehicle and does not pretend to be anything but what it is - cheap reliable sensible motoring with a little touch of art deco design.

this guy is right.

The k12 I have is just the 998cc with only 39k on clock sounds very unrefined as if the engine just wants to give up and die. Not smooth at all and defo not quiet. I would hope I can get a better engine in there if I decide to keep it but the lack of anyone doing any engine upgrades on these makes me think its not worth the hassle. Something else that bothers me is the keyless entry just more crap to go wrong. When I lock mine it makes a god awful grating sound so somewhere down the line retro door locks will be fitted with a key, and if the system goes wrong how are you supposed to get into it break a window maybe. If I thought there were some interesting snippets in the members only section regarding engine swaps ect I would re join but I doubt there been any.........

it really sounds more and more like someone fobbed you off with a dud. my k12 went on to do galactic mileage and didnt have any of the problems you mentioned. i'd be bringing it back and demanding my money back! either that or you have a bee in your bonnet and now your determined to put a good car down.

Doesn't the blipper open to reveal a key and you pop the cover off at the side ofthe passenger door handle to reveal a key hole?

this guy is also right.

which, kenny, really just goes to prove, your coming on here screaming and raving about problems without doing any form of research first. i know, as you pointed out before, im young and your old, but if being fresh out of school has taught me 2 things, one would be to think before i speak (and specially before i make sweeping generalisations), and two, to read the manual and do my homework first :wasntme:

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
I don't have a k12
My only issues with them were I thought they where Renault modus's in disguise (subsequently proven wrong) and the stupid problem I never figured out why they randomly die with no warning then 10 minutes later you come back and it works fine? Like nothing ever happened
I think they are nice looking cars the least elderly person orientated styling of the bunch, although with time the k10 has become more handsome! Love the sr350! I guess the real question is are Renault such a bad company nowadays, I'm a massive jap biased boy nothing to me comes close but we all may never have had this argument as if it weren't for Renault saving nissans ass by buying a chunk and stick ghosn or whatever his name is in charge the k12 may never have been here neither would nissan

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
seadog you have major issues bud one bit of advice keep on putting me down......................PRICK

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
their only kidding with each other as a joke,nothing serious
bit of mild manner chat thats all

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Tell you what ive been looking for the deactivate account button but there is none so the first mod who reads it do me a favor and deactivate my account...........enough said I think:p

Status
Not open for further replies.