K12 LED dashboard lights

Hi all!

Been doing a few LED changes to my Millie, but am after some LED’s for the dashboard (fed up of the dull orange lights) does anyone know what bulbs are suitable?

thanks ??

Have you got a pic of your speedo?

There are 2 styles of K12 speedo and I know that you can't change the bulbs on one of them, but not the other.

OP
OP
NewbieJem
Thanks for your reply, yes here is a picture of my speedo.

Attachments

• 20C7B3D1-41D8-43FF-9064-3CC55A4AFE4F.jpeg
    20C7B3D1-41D8-43FF-9064-3CC55A4AFE4F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,158

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
This is interesting thread. Been thinking also changing lighting of instruments!
I have same speedo on mirror image = right-side-drive.

20c7b3d1-41d8-43ff-9064-3cc55a4afe4f-jpeg.66343

Nope, you won't be able to change the bulbs on your speedos unfortunately. These are the newer style of speedos which don't use bulbs but I guess loads of little LEDs dotted around the circuit board.

Refer to post #26 on my blog, where I take apart the cluster to find this out.

OP
OP
NewbieJem
Nope, you won't be able to change the bulbs on your speedos unfortunately. These are the newer style of speedos which don't use bulbs but I guess loads of little LEDs dotted around the circuit board.

Refer to post #26 on my blog, where I take apart the cluster to find this out.

Oh well never mind, will have to see what else I can change to LED!

thanks for your reply and I will check out your other post !

Very Intresting read.
I did a similar thing to my k12 by replacing the bulbs in the window switches with t5s I soldered in place and changing the smd LEDs and t5 bulbs in the heaters and other switches but in the end reverted back to stock

I had to because the blue led bulbs kept falling and the blue incandescent bulbs looked green and it was just causing to much maintance and it was doing my head in
On top of this I somehow damaged my bcu as now the lock light on the central locking switch stays on permanent despite replacing the switch.

I am glad to see someone got it working and I wish I was able to do the same. Suppose it's pretty ironic when I repair electronics for a living but just could not figure out why these bulbs were falling.
I think I have traced the fault down to a faulty relay in the ECU but could be wrong as I have not explored incase I cause more damage. If anyone has any experience of this I would be greatful as I imagine i am not the first person to have done this

Sent from my CPH1921 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Hi evryone. I put blue led in my k12 dash and it apear green. The dull orange colour is in the panel itself.
You can remove this tint with very fine grit sandpaper like I did on my heater panel as it appears to only be on the inside of it but just don't sand to far as it can weaken it.

I just sanded a little bit and then tested with a touch with a coloured quality street wrapper of it to see if the colour looked tinted.

Sent from my CPH1921 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

The dashboard will be great to decorate and light up with a smart LED strip. In any case, I did that at the same time, making similar lighting for the front seats. The easiest to use for me is this LED strip https://www.vont.com/product/smart-strip-lights-led-strip-lights/. As a result of the upgrade, I got a brightly lit dashboard and a stylish interior of the car. By the way, you can also find light bulbs for the dashboard on this site. But I recommend LED lights as they are more economical and brighter.

Last edited: