K12 Heavy Clutch?

Morning everyone. Newbie here! My wife has recently changed from a 2003 K12 1.0E to a 2008 K12 1.2 and we've noticed the clutch feels completely different. The old 1.0E had only done 27k miles and the pedal was really easy to depress with the biting point around half way up. The replacement 1.2 has done 68k and the pedal is much heavier to depress with the biting point around quarter of the way up. Does anyone know if this is normal for a 1.2 please? Is there any way to adjust the biting point please? Thanks in advance :)

maybe a 1.2 has a heavier clutch, if it is a cable clutch with stronger springs in the clutch mechanism that is a possible reason, the 1 litre engine is smaller and probable a lighter clutch. I could't be sure as my clutch is hydraulic with diesel engine!:unsure:

I have the 1.2 and mine the clutch seems not too heavy its well normal I'd say.
Not sure when it has been replaced.
It does feel right tho unlike our old golf that needed a ton of pressure to move the thing. This was after the gear box had be replaced. So probably over tight.

I think the biting point will rise as the clutch wears.
Mine is very low at about a quarter or just less this is normal for the k12 1.2.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Thanks for your comments Mach1 and Sparky2018 - the 1.2 is a hydraulic clutch so no adjustment as far as I can work out - I guess my wife will get used to it over time.

Back