k12 headight cluster

I have a 55plate C+C with lights that are completely clouded over. It's a light blue colour (ice blue) and I think it would look best with the dark tinted lights but also a standard clear would be good too.

Question, did Nissan fit tinted ones on that year?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-MI...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a8b38f88d

This is for the later models of the k12 - is it impossible to fit this to a 55 plate micra?

Does the polish method work in reality?

My mums headlights got really cloudy (53 plate sve)
I used silvo on them, came up a treat...takes quite alot of elbow grease to get them looking like new, but it can be done ;)
My dad did them again more recently with some metal polish we found for 40p at asda LOL (just to get the little bits on the edges I'd missed)

I've got the black backed (tinted look) lamps and have yet to have the clouding problem (55 plate sport+)

You can actually fit the later lights if you wanted to...has been done by someone else before on the forum :)

The thread they posted should come up if you pop headlight restore/ k12 headlamp swap into the forum search bar

I use a mild toothpaste on mine twice a year,the first year they came up as advisory for mot,havent been changed or came up on mot since. Works a treat. Just rub on and wash off with windowline (other window cleaner makes are available lol)

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
These K12 frosty headlights threads puzzle me. My 160SR was 6 years old when I got rid and my current one's nearly 5 years old and neither had/have the slightest hint of fogging o_O... No idea why, just thought I'd put it out there.

I was told its light chips that build up with dirt ect when driving. I'm country bumbkin muddy back roads stuck behind tractors so mine were bound to get ruined

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
I was led to believe that it was UV damaged caused by cleaning the headlights with dirty sponges etc wearing away the thin, uv protective coating. Probably rubbish mind.

Like I said my mums lights get cloudy, but mine don't
Hers are the silver backed ones and mine are black.
I've seen absolutely loads of the old silver ones all cloudy, but never any of the black ones. Apparently it's a classic french design flaw.
Must be something to do with the way the plastics react to sunlight, what little we have, so it may indeed be that the silver backed units have no or less or different UV protection that over time leads to cloudiness. If that makes sense ^_^

skymera

Brutal Honesty
These K12 frosty headlights threads puzzle me. My 160SR was 6 years old when I got rid and my current one's nearly 5 years old and neither had/have the slightest hint of fogging o_O... No idea why, just thought I'd put it out there.
Same deal with the Renault Clio.

Most plastic headlights end up foggy

I've just bought and replaced mine with the black lined ones. Was cheaper to buy them seperate but the company still sent the set as a pair. £83 in total bought seperate, £99 as the pair off the seller. The only thing I've lost is the elec adjust,but I never tow so aint worried about that. Plus added the lamp protectors,wasn't too keen at first but its to look after the investment,not for asthetics. The look is growing on me now gradually though.

these clouding headlights are a mess seen some on micra k12 and you cant see through them , i have tinted ones on micra sx and they went a bit funny but a fella around corner from me who does body repairs etc polished them up and they looked good :)

I just cleraned mine with toothpaste and window cleaner,used to come up nice,but replaced them now as only so long it works for,and they came up as advisory on mot for the fogging.