k12 head unit wiring

im looking to change the 6cd in dash headunit on a 2005 k12. Is the connector just a standard ISO Connector or is a loom to ISO connector required.

thought id ask before i pull the dash apart to have look, for people who have not removed the head unit, it is such a chew on

I'm looking to do the same with mine at the moment, it's the same age and has the same headunit. From what I've found so far, it's apparently a standard ISO connection which doesn't need an adaptor, but I'm not sure how accurate the information is. See the bottom of this page: http://www.bluespot.co.uk/install/show_model.asp?id=179

It would be useful for me too if anyone could confirm this. The main thing I'm having trouble with at the moment though is finding out what exactly I need to fit a standard single DIN head unit into the space left by the double DIN 6 CD changer (without it looking rubbish) :-\

OP
OP
D
I am trying to get a hold of the radio/vents unit from a low grade like a e or s grade. These had a single din radio, the one with the white buttons. I think this should solve the problem. Giving a better more finished look compared to some of the other fasia/surrounds that are on the internet.

Ah, that sounds like a good plan to me. I did once ask at a Nissan dealer if they could replace it with the appropriate parts as fitted to a lower grade Micra with a single DIN radio if I got a new head unit fitted, because I'd actually find the little storage box on top quite handy, and they said no it wasn't possible. But I have a feeling they didn't really know, and I don't see why not.

Let me know how you get on with that :)

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
hi guys the adaptor plate you can get from nissan unfortunately i don`t have the part number however i can get you the numbers off the back if someone wants to try a dealer

i have not had my player out yet so cannot comment on the wiring however judging by the webpage that has been put in it should be direct swap