K12 fuel pump relay location

Hello all

I've googled the hell out of this and just cannot get an answer. The car (K12, petrol, 2005) seems to be behaving as if no fuel is getting through and I suspect the fuel pump relay. However, I can't find any information on its location. It's not under either of the side kickplates in the front footwells (I know the K11 relay is under one of them). Any help greatly appreciated.

Mick

Last edited:

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Uuups, reading error! :mad:
Big fuse box located under left side head light, there is at least fuse for fuel pump. I assume that relay is in same location...:unsure:

The Haynes 'book of lies' would agree with you Mika , relay 'd' , fed by fuse 47....
K12 IPDM.jpg

OP
OP
M
Many thanks again for all your help. I'd already found various fuse box and wiring diagrams and have been into the 'hidden' fuse box behind the headlight to check fuses and relays. Fuse 47 OK, but that doesn't tell me if that relay is OK, and I can't find the relay. As a long shot, tested the ECM relay while I was in that fuse box, but all OK. I've admitted defeat and it's being collected and taken to the garage tomorrow morning. I'll update with the results.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Many thanks again for all your help. I'd already found various fuse box and wiring diagrams and have been into the 'hidden' fuse box behind the headlight to check fuses and relays. Fuse 47 OK, but that doesn't tell me if that relay is OK, and I can't find the relay. As a long shot, tested the ECM relay while I was in that fuse box, but all OK. I've admitted defeat and it's being collected and taken to the garage tomorrow morning. I'll update with the results.
All you need to do to check the relay is to see if there is 12 volts out on pin 20 of the module, with the ignition on.....(and no volts there with the ignition off)..........

OP
OP
M
Thanks John. Can you believe, when the tow truck came for the car this morning, it started first time. I still had it taken to the garage as they can run the diagnostics to see if a fault was logged. I don't want something intermittent that's going to leave us stranded.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
The problem turned out to be the fuel pump, replaced by a Nissan garage with an original (eek!). €400.
I know how you feel, about 14 years ago I had a diesel injection pump fail on, a then 5 year old, Saab 9-3. I got it fixed through a very good Saab independent garage. It still cost me £1300, but the Saab main dealer's quoted price was in excess of £2500 for the same job!:mad: