K12 for my mum.. Any advice welcome!

Quick hello to the gods of fault diagnosis.

I'm looking at buying my mum a K12 (06-08) and i just want it to be good for her.

I have looked at 1 Micra so far and we decided to walk away because it was a little bit tatty.

Is there anything I should be checking when buying one of these? I hear that EPS can be expensive if it fails, is this common?

I'm a qualified mechanic but not been fixing cars professionally for many years now.

She's had her fair share of rough motors recently and I want this next one to be the last time we do this..

Thanks.

My mum got one as a trade-in a couple of years back because her old car was too big for her and other than the odd flat tyre it's never let her down so far, but she's in the AA anyway. If it's a gift and she's not a member, try to find one of those guys who stand outside service stations selling year memberships and see if they offer it giftwrapped :ROFLMAO:

Only other problems she's had with it are the radio codes and the boot didn't open because the release was sticking. Also the passenger seat wouldn't fold back for access to the rear seats through the passenger side when she first got it but that was fixed with wd40 and a bit of brute force. It seems to be little things like that that go wrong on the k12,

My mum got one as a trade-in a couple of years back because her old car was too big for her and other than the odd flat tyre it's never let her down so far, but she's in the AA anyway. If it's a gift and she's not a member, try to find one of those guys who stand outside service stations selling year memberships and see if they offer it giftwrapped :ROFLMAO:

Only other problems she's had with it are the radio codes and the boot didn't open because the release was sticking. Also the passenger seat wouldn't fold back for access to the rear seats through the passenger side when she first got it but that was fixed with wd40 and a bit of brute force. It seems to be little things like that that go wrong on the k12,

Thanks! I'm happy to hear that it's little bits- I can do little bits!

I want to get her a nice little head unit which she can connect her phone to so the radio code isn't a problem..

AA membership would make a nice gift! Good shout.

Quick hello to the gods of fault diagnosis.

I'm looking at buying my mum a K12 (06-08) and i just want it to be good for her.

I have looked at 1 Micra so far and we decided to walk away because it was a little bit tatty.

Is there anything I should be checking when buying one of these? I hear that EPS can be expensive if it fails, is this common?

I'm a qualified mechanic but not been fixing cars professionally for many years now.

She's had her fair share of rough motors recently and I want this next one to be the last time we do this..

Thanks.

Nissan Micra (2003–2010) What to watch out for before buying?

Read the whole, Good/Bad section & you will know more than most about its many repeat problems.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/nissan/micra-k12-2003/good/

You pays your money & takes your choice

Good luck

Last edited:
Nissan Micra (2003–2010) What to watch out for before buying?

Read the whole, Good/Bad section & you will know more than most about its many repeat problems.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/nissan/micra-k12-2003/good/

You pays your money & takes your choice

Good luck

I took the plunge and bought one yesterday. It's an 06, black.. looks tidy, drives well.. Oh- there's an airbag light which came on when I moved the seat back, I guess it's a connection under the seat that likes to come loose. I'll probably hard-wire it and clear the code.

I took the plunge and bought one yesterday. It's an 06, black.. looks tidy, drives well.. Oh- there's an airbag light which came on when I moved the seat back, I guess it's a connection under the seat that likes to come loose. I'll probably hard-wire it and clear the code.
If it has passenger airbags, it'll be a sensor under the seat to stop the airbag going off if nobody is sitting there that's gone

Good luck to you and your mum with the new car, fingers crossed it doesn't let you down