K12 - Fitting front door speakers?

I bought some Alpine 6.5" speakers today for my K12.

Took off the door card, removed the speaker, and found the new speakers fit the holes perfectly, but the rim and associated bolt-holes were about 1cm from the holes in the door, and so couldn't be bolted in place.

The stock speaker is built into a huge plastic casing (SEE HERE on Guy's K12 site) from which it can't be removed, so I figure I need to buy a similar mount for my new speakers, which are equal in cone size to the stock ones.

Problem is - I can't find any info anywhere!

I'm looking into that now... the other side of it is - how do you fit the speaker wires? They are fitted with a plug that plugs into the side of the stock speaker unit, not standard terminals.

The adaptor plugs are in with the adaptor plates or just chop the ends off an crimp some connectors on like i did originally before i found the adaptor plates

Ah cool thanks, I think I've found the right thing :)

Even more money to spend, and this is before I begin actually modding the car...!!

Worth it though :)

I found the part online for £14.99 delivered - about £4 cheaper than on eBay. Will have to wait to do the rear speakers now, as that's a chunk outta my budget for that.

if you look on my blog you will be able to see the momo`s that had 205-40/17 tyres fitted and then my current wheels the teamdynamics also with 205-40/17 tyres fitted but on a 7.5j width so slightly less i actually think it suits but thats down to personal opinion and i will be changing back to my stock 16" rims for the bad weather anything you wan`t a photo of before then though let me know and i`ll try and get them for you never had a problem on with the momo`s scrubbing but that was at stock ride height sadly they were gone before i had chance to lower the car but the 7.5j`s only scrape with weight in the back on 35mm springs and i`ve never had the the front`s scrape haven`t tested the 7.5j`s with 50mm springs fitted to the back but i think they would still not scrape but i`m unsure as to the exact drop i have now but think it is lower than 50mm an it dosen`t scrape until you put two people in the back

just some info to help your decision

oh cr@p! just seen this after finding out the ahrd way that 6." speakers dont fit unless you have a spacer >.<
anyone know if the rears need one also and how do you take off the rear "door" card? (its a 3dr k12)

also the oem speakers are compoments, where is the crossover as my JBL have their own cross overs. would pref to use the jbl corssovers than factory ones.

many thanks in advance :)

What size will fit in the front? Also the back it's a 3dr just to let yous know :) getting interior done soon so when that's out ill put the speakers in at the same time :)

Seems most new cars the oem speakers are made this way. Same for micra K13. I'd never buy those expensive adaptor plates. One option is to butcher the OEM speakers to make adaptors out of them.
Best is to use MDF to make your own adaptors and spend £15-£20 on some dynamat. Had good results with this. Decent base fron doors without door cards shaking and vibrating badly.

Sent from BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk

Back