K12 Electrical gremlins

Hi new here.
got a 03 k12 high beam on dash & headlight stay on even if stalk is off also o/s indicator stick on unless turn to left it goes off then you get no indicators. Even if ignition is off sometimes it’s does it. Can it be faulty stalk faulty ignition black box or bad short?. I’ve cleaned all the 3x fuse boxes ecu plugs even main loom plug next to ecu. Even battery lead to 3 fuse plug on loom. Anyone else had these gremlins on there k12 Before I go changing stalks etc thanks in advance.

OP
OP
T4mation
No mika that’s was tomorrow’s task took the lights out ready To get to the ones on inner wing & got another stalk Try too.

Last edited:
Sounds like a ground or short maybe it's at one wire leading to lights such as headlamp for example and Corrosion, or possible light fitment oxidation is present?

As mika suggested Ground point check is a good place to look first.

OP
OP
T4mation
All ground points cleaned one from alternator to slam panel . Two from battery to inner wings under headlight one behind the fuse box point on inner wing. All lights disconnected an plugs all clean. gone through all the fuses relays In 3 fuses boxes. checked loom where possible even where the factory had joined some in o/s/r quarter loom. If I disconnect the stalk loom it goes off & it’s a new stalk . I’ve even order tonight the new hidden fuse box on inner wing to just eliminate that . Why I’m waiting on that I’ll get under n/s dash & check main loom there. It’s a strange one I’ve even run extra earth using jump lead to all the earth points. Anymore earth points I’ve missed? Be a bare shell if I track anymore looms amount of interior I’ve stripped out lol.

OP
OP
T4mation
Well after much fault finding the old skool way stripping nearly the complete dash & fuse boxes checking every part I could I even took bcm & ecu out & cleaned with electrical cleaner , works out you open n/s/r door the headlights & indicator turns off what a strange thing pain in the rear. I’ve changed the pin switch from one side to other no change so I’ve took pin switch out & left it sat in rear quarter Earthed out to stop it because soon we switch is in it stays on. Only issue now is door warning lights on dash when running. Hopefully it will pass mot like it been sat since last year because of no mot due to lights not turning off. Any idea how to sort this strange issue please.