K12 Driver's Air Bag Warning Light

vic@kinnin

Ex. Club Member
Just fitted a Nissan fog light kit to a 2006 K12 which involded removing the driver's air bag, steering wheel and replacing the lights/wiper stalk assembly. All connections made correctly and everything works AOK. However, the driver's air bag warning light now flashes all the time the ignition is on. Have I missed something simple or will I have to visit a main dealer to have the system re-set?

i changed me cars fog lights and if the wd40 dont work it sounds like you didnt disconnect the battery b4 you did it? its the yellow and black wire right?check that it is firmley pushed in to position and make sure you put the wheel back on straight lol it feels odd if you dont .... also you didnt touch any of the metal with ya tools did ya?even static can ruin them me sons on me head so cant see what im writin ha ha

have the k12,s got a "ribbon in a spool" airbag to column wires ?
coz i,ve seen a few torn ones (were they were,nt centered)

no mate not really compleatly different they have a box which connects to the car its self with both stalks on lol only the horn and the air bag has a wire (and the sterio if thats connected lol)

either you turned the ignition on with the drivers airbag disconnected or you've left it disconnected,

either way you will need a diag tool ie nissan main dealers consult tool to erase the faults and get rid of the light

K12 Driver's Air Bag Warning Light

Thanks for the advice Guys. I've tried the under seat connections - no joy. I think I did power-up to check all connections before finally powering down to refit the air bag - so it looks like a visit to the main dealer.

Vic

I had this after my lad messed about with the passenger seat. My local guy plugged it in and reset the light with the laptop, £18! even gave me the code which related to passenger seat connection B1134 or something like that.

Back