K12 cr14 to cr12 compatibility

Hi all, first time poster here. Iv done some searching on here but have not been able to find anything. I have a 2002 K12 jap import here in New Zealand . The engine has over heated and damaged the head. The current engine is the cr14de. I have been trying to source another motor for it but have had no luck. I can get a cr12 from a wrecked k12, so my question is, are the cr12 and cr14 compatible. will the cr12 bolt straight into place of the cr14? Thanks for any advise

AFAIK should be a straight swap, however you will find that the head on the 1.2 is identical to the 1.4, even down to valve sizes and even uses the same cams, so a head swap would be easier:cool: (as long as you use the correct 1.4 gasket, the bore size, at 73mm, of the 1.4 is 2mm diameter greater than that of the 1.2.....)

Change the head and it doesn't become an issue...... However if an engine swap were done there are bound to be some differences in the fuelling between the 1.4 and the 1.2 but other than that I wouldn't think it would be a problem just changinging the engine for a 1.2 unit (lighter fuelling might be an issue if the swap was the other way round though). Changing the ECU would NOT be a straight plug and play as I assume the NATS system would immobilise the car ...?

Back