K12 Central Locking, little help?

K

Keyzer Soze

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my K12. It's an intermittent problem, unfortunately.
When the car is opened with the fob using 2 clicks to open all doors, sometimes the boot doesn't open at all or sometimes it opens but the boot latch clicks a couple of times, sometimes the car just lets out a continuous high pitched beep (or, as it's continuous, it goes beeeeeeeeeeeeeee- you get my drift!!!) even when the doors are shut and the car locked which goes on until the battery is flat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (1st timer forum poster)

Cheers,

:doh:

firstly i would go to your local nissan dealers and see whhat they say..

ive read stories about water getting in the boot so this could be your problem but like i said,try nissan first

boot lock

you have a faulty rear hatch lock. my brand new k12 did it last year intermittently usually after it had been raining and nissan are aware of it . take it in to nissan and they will fit a modified lock which does not let water in. mine was opening itself and then it wouldnt open + when i locked it shut with the anti hijack it made the high pitched beep you describe as it was trying to open itself still. nissan have changed loads as they had a faulty batch. once the new one was fitted i had no more problems with it. obviously its done f.o.c. on the warranty.it only takes them 15mins to do. the new facelift k12 ive just got has not done it( yet!) so i think its now sorted.

Thanks for your help guys. Unfortunately, the warranty ran out in January, I'll give the dealership some grief as it's a known problem, see if I can get it done as a "goodwill gesture". Unlikely, but as they say, God loves a tryer.

Cheers.

Back