K12 camming???

Hello everyone hope you can help. Can i cam up a k12 160sr? And how much power can i get? Also do you know anyone that can do it? Thanks for your help

Even the latest incarnation of the HR16DE engine from the 160SR used in the Juke and other models is only 115bhp, modest gains only if this engine is “tuned”

I removed the word mediocre from the sentence above, I don't know why I added it in the first place.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M
Even the latest incarnation of the HR16DE engine from the 160SR used in the Juke and other models is only 115bhp, modest gains only if this engine is “tuned”

I removed the word mediocre from the sentence above, I don't know why I added it in the first place.
Whem you say tuned as in ???? Remapped?

Tuned meaning any modifications from the standard specifications. Since I wrote that I remembered the MK3 Clio GT is 1.6 however not sure if it has the Renault version of the HR16DE engine. I’d like to do something far out and transplant a Clio Renaultsport 200bhp engine and six speed gearbox into a K12, keep it as stock looking as possible, that’d be an insanely fast sleeper.

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
Woow it must be quick. How do i get that all done and were and how much please?
First you need 160SR.
Cobra exhaust isn't available any more, most likely biggest pony gain came from swapping that. Rest you can do at home, change of K&N 33-2375 Air Filter, ~£50.00 in UK, eBay is good place to look for it. And modification to intake duct, money wise free, from you it takes litte bit time & effort ;) Everything above is shown on my blog -06 Micra 160SR of Mika The Finn.
About 10hp power gain is noticeable with 'butt'-dyno! :cool:
And all this was done in the Land of the Finns, also known as Fin(e)land & Finland!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M
First you need 160SR.
Cobra exhaust isn't available any more, most likely biggest pony gain came from swapping that. Rest you can do at home, change of K&N 33-2375 Air Filter, ~£50.00 in UK, eBay is good place to look for it. And modification to intake duct, money wise free, from you it takes litte bit time & effort ;) Everything above is shown on my blog -06 Micra 160SR of Mika The Finn.
About 10hp power gain is noticeable with 'butt'-dyno! :cool:
And all this was done in the Land of the Finns, also known as Fin(e)land & Finland!
Thabk uou bery much ill do all you said and join your blog. But i want to make serious power.

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
Moi Mok12!
Please read following links:
Differences between Note and Micra HR16DE engines?!

160SR owners, how many of us is here actively writing?

Comprehensive guide to performance tuning the Nissan HR16DE engine!

Like Micratec says, diesel Micra's turbo is maybe adaptable. Also porting of cylinder head, bigger valves, stiffer springs, change of cam, switch one? Change of whole exhaust. Then you get serious power!
So far my more power actions have cost me ~20€-£18/hp. Speed cots money, how fast you wanna go, or something like that was on some movie... ;)

Last edited:
Thabk uou bery much ill do all you said and join your blog. But i want to make serious power.

@Mok12, the brutal truth is that anything more than modest modifications such as those of @Mika The Finn to a Micra are in my humble opinion pointless, because after spending wardrobes full of money you'd plateau with he HR16DE engine and human nature dictates that if you've got it good you always want it better so you say you want serious power/speed/torque, use your money to transplant a Clio Renaultsport 197 or 200bhp motor into a Micra, you'd need the ECU from the Renault, the fuelling, compression, gearing etc etc will all need reprogramming on a dyno. I favour the Clio engine transplant because the subframes for both cars are very very similar, the engine would be an extremely tight squeeze into the Micra and would also involve splicing the two electrical systems together which is a massive undertaking however in this case as Renault and Nissan share platforms and technologies it wouldn't be a massive drama for someone skilled in such matters. A K12 with 200bhp would be lunatic fast.

Then imagine the scenario, you have the Clio engine in your lovely K12 in standard tune, those engines can be modified up in 300bhp area, total insanity for a little lightweight K12, would be crazy fun though!

For the time being I respectfully suggest you wake up from the vivid dreams you have of a Micra K12 with serious power (just like I do some mornings) and get your head back in reality.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M
@Mok12, the brutal truth is that anything more than modest modifications such as those of @Mika The Finn to a Micra are in my humble opinion pointless, because after spending wardrobes full of money you'd plateau with he HR16DE engine and human nature dictates that if you've got it good you always want it better so you say you want serious power/speed/torque, use your money to transplant a Clio Renaultsport 197 or 200bhp motor into a Micra, you'd need the ECU from the Renault, the fuelling, compression, gearing etc etc will all need reprogramming on a dyno. I favour the Clio engine transplant because the subframes for both cars are very very similar, the engine would be an extremely tight squeeze into the Micra and would also involve splicing the two electrical systems together which is a massive undertaking however in this case as Renault and Nissan share platforms and technologies it wouldn't be a massive drama for someone skilled in such matters. A K12 with 200bhp would be lunatic fast.

Then imagine the scenario, you have the Clio engine in your lovely K12 in standard tune, those engines can be modified up in 300bhp area, total insanity for a little lightweight K12, would be crazy fun though!

For the time being I respectfully suggest you wake up from the vivid dreams you have of a Micra K12 with serious power (just like I do some mornings) and get your head back in reality.
Im thinking of putting an sr20det? Or actually to be more realistic sr20de without turbo mabe. ??? Did abit of research the engine can fit in the engine bay. Serious power. Wide the wheel base. And that shoulr be ok. Btw the renault engine. I know the renault is fast. But french are unreliable ??? Not sure what do you think? Does nissan now gice petrol engines to renault?

Im thinking of putting an sr20det? Or actually to be more realistic sr20de without turbo mabe. ??? Did abit of research the engine can fit in the engine bay. Serious power. Wide the wheel base. And that shoulr be ok. Btw the renault engine. I know the renault is fast. But french are unreliable ??? Not sure what do you think? Does nissan now gice petrol engines to renault?

Don't know owt about the SR series of engines. I don't see many/any Clio Renaultsport models broken down by the side of the road around here in Essex, I've a friend who owns one since 2008 and it's very reliable, mentalist fast and OK on economy even when he's ragging it around the endz ;)

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
Serious power? => Enjoy 400bhp Sleeper Kicks In An Evo-Powered Nissan Micra?! :unsure: ;)

20911dfa7cfa0a0883a03a8f1bc2ddd7.jpg

Its for sale once again, but it goes through owners like crazy and in this case its actually gone up in price since last time. I'd avoid it like the plague myself even if I did have that kind of money, considering there must be a reason for people not keeping it