K12 buying guide

Hey guys,

Long time no speak! I don't know if any of you remember me, I used to have a K11, and then went on to buy a Yaris Tsport. Anyway, I'm looking to come back to the Micra fold (baby on the way, so need something with 5 doors) and quite fancy a K12. Really just looking for some buying advice...... I'd really like a 160sr, but there are only 2 for sale within 100 miles of me, and they are quite near the top end of my budget really. How are the 1.2 and 1.4 engines - decentish performance or too much of a compromise after what I'm used to with the Yaris?? Am I right in thinking the trim levels go up in the earlier cars E, SE, SVE, SX, 160sr??? Also, a really stupid question, does anyone know the size of the boot? I've found a pushchair that will fit in the teeny boot of my Yaris, so size isn't a huge issue, but I'd like to double check.

Many thanks. (Y)

I had a 1.2 S and that were pretty alright. I've heard the 1.4 is not so good. The newer 1.2s also have 2 diff output levels.

The earlier cars went up in the following trims E(1.0), S(1.2,1.4), SE(1.2,1.4), XS(1.2,1.4), SX(1.2,1.4), SVE(1.4) iirc.

Boots pretty good size, claims is 317 litres to Yaris 205 litres.

Best checking parkers or similar for further info.

Thanks for you input. :) I'm sick of the sight of Parkers, I've been looking for a car for so long now. :laugh:

Another quick question - are the engines still chain driven like on the K11?

Back