K12 Biodiesel quiries

HI, just wondering if anyone on here has or currently runs a k12 DCI on Biodiesel as im thinking of making the move, but dont want to ruin the car!

i`ve not heard of anyone doing matey best sugestion i can come up with is ask at the nearest nissan garage they might know wether they can run on Biodiesel

yer thats a good shout ta. The guy that im thinking of getting it off runs a kangoo van on the stuff which has the same engine i believe?

Rite ive tried the biodiesel and so far so good, mixed it in with about 15 litres of diesel, chucked in 10 litres of bio, drove about 100 miles then chucked in another 10 litres of bio with no problems. Returning 61/62mpg on a run too so cant grumble, especially at the 75p/litre part:p

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone had any news about running the K12 on BioDerv? I can get reasonable Bio for good money and it will make the Micra worth keeping, otherwise it might have to go as the Range Rover is cheaper to run!

Mine is a 2004 65 PS BTW

is this the stuff they make from food so i cant eat now ? better to get the petrol prices down my stomach thinks :)

is this the stuff they make from food so can't eat now ? :)
WHAT? how does using waste veg oil stop you eating?

Petrol prices will not come down, even if our economy miraculously recovers, far too much fuel is consumed in the far east and our gvt. will artificially raise fuel prices to keep them where they are now anyway.

However, from a technical point of view, will a DCi run on the stuff or do I trade the K12 for something older?

There's a place near us that sells pukka biodiesel for 25p a litre less than 'fossil' diesel. I won't try it in my dCi 86 because modern high pressure injection diesels are so sensitive to the least contamination that it would be madness to risk it.

Saving only 25p/litre wouldn't tempt me either, some cars use slightly more fuel on bio (though other cars use less) but you couldn't gaurantee saving more than say £10 a tank.

Thing is, I'm talking 15p/litre to make it!

I've bought bio before and had a lot of trouble, they rush manufacture and often you do get crap in the fuel, but making it myself I can ensure it's good quality and 5 tankfulls would pay for a centrifuge, that's the only way I can improve on the 1 micron filtering I already use (which is far better than pump derv BTW).

It's not (only) contamination though, bio fuel can suffer from oxidation which degrades the fuel, some cars are ok and others aren't. VW for example say everything they have made since 1996 will run on it (I'm told you can buy Bio at the pumps in Germany) and I know several people who have run Audis on it for years. The problem with DCis is the fuel in the common rail sits close to the engine and gets very hot whereas an old mechanical injection system doesn't heat the fuel anywhere near as much. Bio burns cleaner and lubricates far better, runs quieter with less emissions and is carbon neutral.

You can't tell after a couple of tanks though and the Micra hasn't been 100% reliable running on dinosaur juice all it's life. With only 45,000 on it the EGR is playing up and the boost sensor has failed, I'd never know if it was the fuel causing the faults or the notorious Renault reliability.

Perhaps it's time to sell the Micra on then and buy something else, It's not proving that cheap to own or to run.

Back