K12 BCM (Body Control Module)?

Hi everyone

The light is staying on the dash indicating a door is open. I have looked at the side sensors which appear OK but do not understand how the rear door gets a signal to say that it is closed.

Everything else is working (central locking etc) as it should do, although when I press the central lock/unlock button by the hand brake I get a series of beeps originating on the dashboard when I press the lock part of the button.

I think that this is an "accept it" job and it cannot be fixed unless I get a new BCM.

Had this checked out by an "auto electrician" who states that the BCM has a fault on it (as a matter of interest where is this physically?)

I have an early K12 (52 plate- 2003) is this the case? I contacted our great friend Google and it was not clear whether the BCM controls this

Is there anyway that this could be fixed wthout replacing the BCM which would effectively write of the car? Its in good nick although it has done 116K miles!

Kind regards

Simon Head

Multifunction control module 2 - functions: central locking, electric windows, hazard warning lamps, heated rear window, immobilizer control module, indicators, interior lamps, rear fog lamp, rear screen wiper, windscreen wash/wipe system

Is located behind centre console hope this helps but also check wiring between door & b post!

Checked all the switches all OK. I sprayed ACF50 into the connections going into the BCM box and hey presto everything is working!. Thank goodness. I think it was relevant to the car being stored outside under cover for 2 years as it only occurred after coming out of storage. The old duchess (its an 03 52 plate) is all up and running with no faults. I changed the oil both years to avoid any timing chain problems. Now done 116000 miles with no major problems.

Is bcm equal to canbus? Does it need to be reprogrammed if i got it from another car? My car doesnt have immo. And my throttle is going crazy. It offs after check engline light is on. Scanner wont connect to ecu

Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes......When the BCM control of my rear wiper ceased to function, this cured it....o_O

Back