K12 battery problems, can I swap out the diode pack?

Hi all

Newb here.

05 k12, we've already experienced the customary back door wring, button, driver's side earth failure. Now, I suspect, the alternator has failed.

Battery died last week and in this cold weather; with a battery of unknown provenance but at least 3 years old; having been sat doing hardly anything for months now, I thought the obvious and swapped the battery. The new battery lasted about 15 miles and I went to start it a couple of days later and it couldn't even light the dash up. My trusty multimeter said 6 volts.

I've charged the battery up now and it starts and the voltage rises to 14.5 on starting; I'm thinking this is consistent with the diode pack having failed.

I'm wondering if anyone has swapped just the diode pack, or is it an alt off situation, or is there something I don't know about? We're a bit financially challenged at the moment so if I can do it myself I'd be happy and I'm relatively handy; my only concern is how to get underneath to undo the alt bolt you can't reach from above; thinking about treating myself to a pair of axle stands...

TIA

Updàte. Having read about all the parasitic drain issues on here and other sites Ive just checked the alt and there is continuity both ways across the B+ and the body of the alt so I think its probably the alt.