k12 badges

R

RIK

does anyone know how they are fixed on?

im on about the nissan logo(ftont and back) not the micra and 160sr bits(i think these are glued on)

i dont want to take them off if thers holes behind,or if ther will be any damage to the paintwork

reason i posted in general and not k12,was that i know people with k10/k11 go to scrap yards and takes badges off other cars,

cheers

I believe the one in the bonnet has the holes, and the one in the boot doesn't. :)

The benefits of working at Nissan....hmmm.

Elliot

i hate to embarass you mate,but i just bin out and popped the bonnet and had my hand behind it,,,and thers no holes

i cant get to the rear one as easy ,so dont know about that one yet

the bonnet is 2 skins. one is the sheet metal and the other is like a frame wot its sorta glued on, and i think the frame covers the holes for the badge to go in, u get me?

thers a hole in the frame,for the catch tho,

this is wer i got my fingers up! :D (please dont ask how many )

RIK said:
i hate to embarass you mate,but i just bin out and popped the bonnet and had my hand behind it,,,and thers no holes

i cant get to the rear one as easy ,so dont know about that one yet

Might be the other way around then. I knew it was one way or the other... but the bodyshop isn't my department. :)

-Elliot

i thought they put them on near the heavy repair booths near paint? thats where i seen them put micr/primera/almera badges on1

i just recently ripped of large badge off new almera at scrappers...

two small indentations behind.... so maybe similar...

R05_Micra said:
i thought they put them on near the heavy repair booths near paint? thats where i seen them put micr/primera/almera badges on1

I work at a Nissan garage matey, not at the plant. :) :D

-Elliot

i supose if its glued on with that foam stuff,it wont be a problem putting it back on ,if ther is sum dents behind it,,

but if it makes a mess of paint ,ther staying on

had another CLOSER look at the badge,and it DOES have two holes,not dents

so de-badge includes filler and paint :( not good news for me

Back