K12 Aero Wiper Issues

I fitted some Bosch Aero Wipers to my K12 about 6 months ago. They work great etc however the cars got automatic wipers, and when they go above the intermediate setting, the travell of the wipers is becomes further, and the drivers side wiper as a result smacks the A pillar, and the passenger one sometimes hits the scuttle pannel. Now ive removed the wipers and adjusted them on the splines to try and solve it, but as a result the drivers wiper now hits the scuttle instead of the A pillar. The only way I can see how to stop it is to reduce the travel of the wipers in the higher speeds. Either that or put standard wipers back on...

Anyone else had any similar problems?

That's very common with k12s. Mine packed in completely at about 70,000 and I had the linkage replaced by Nissan. They were fine for a while but bang on the scuttle again on top speed now. Annoying I agree fwn.

I have the Bosch aero wipers on my k12 and the drivers side wiper hits the A pillar on full speed. However, the drivers side wiper used to hit the A pillar on full speed with the old wipers on. So I cannot say that it is a fault of the aero wipers.

I haven't tried to adjust it yet, but will do soon as in torrential rain the lower speed just isn't fast enough.

Will let you know if I manage to fix it.

does this in the K11 sometimes aswell...
Turn your music up? :p

If I has a stereo to begin with, you'd need about 1KW to overpower my induction noise ;)

I noticed the aero wipers travel a little further on the K11 too but not enough to hit anything much. I live with it though over the stock wipers as they don't sit on the glass well at speed and tend to smear the window rather than wipe it. I think it's one of those lesser of 2 evils situations unfortunately :/

I have the Bosch aero wipers on my k12 and the drivers side wiper hits the A pillar on full speed. However, the drivers side wiper used to hit the A pillar on full speed with the old wipers on. So I cannot say that it is a fault of the aero wipers.

I haven't tried to adjust it yet, but will do soon as in torrential rain the lower speed just isn't fast enough.

Will let you know if I manage to fix it.

me too.

My car was in for a service and I mentioned it. It just needed an adjustment and hey presto, it no longer hits the A pillar!

I think I may have heard a slight noise on a couple of ocassions with it hitting the scuttle, but nothing major and all in all, a free fix with the service and 95% better than it was!

So I now have fully functioning Bosch Aeros for under £16. Well happy.:grinning:

Back