K12 3dr speaker replacement

Hi all, I'm new here so I'm not sure if this is how I'm supposed to go about asking questions. (Apologies)

I'll get to the question, I wanted to upgrade the speakers in my k12, had the back panels and the passenger door cover off. My model only had 2 speakers in the front doors, none in the back. I measured the holes where the speakers sit, the front appears to be 165 mil and the back is 135 mill, was wondering if you can get speakers this size or what I would need to do. (New to replacing parts in my car)

Second question, would adding 2 new speakers be ok if the car was only fitted with2?

Thanks very much for any advice

OP
OP
J4m3s
Didn't see any wiring but didn't really look so I'll have to look tomorrow, and what should be next to the b pillar?

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
I fitted to mine, 4 pcs of 6.5" ~ 165mm speakers. 3-ways to rear and 2-ways to front.
Original tweeters I left untouched. Same time Pioneer active sub-woofer under left side drivers seat.
Now with 7 speakers, my Micra 160SR rocks, enough for my needs! ;)

Wiring is on the loom coming up from the rear wheel arch after removing paneling, I used old speakers and cut out the speaker from the basket leaving the plastic ring attached to the car and screwed the new speakers to this, cheaper than the adaptor rings!!

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
Wiring is on the loom coming up from the rear wheel arch after removing paneling, I used old speakers and cut out the speaker from the basket leaving the plastic ring attached to the car and screwed the new speakers to this, cheaper than the adaptor rings!!
I made adapter rings by using original plastic ones as template, from Finnish 20mm waterproof plywood, that I already had in my garage! :unsure:;)
Cost effective, and no rattles of any kind! :)
Couple pics on my blog: -06 Micra 160 SR of Mika The Finn

Last edited: