K12 3 Door roof bars

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
No, the 3 door K12 has no provision to fit the back bar to the roof so special bars have to be fitted that have a mounting for the rear bar, running back from the front bar:mad:......... Similar to the ones shown below:-
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
I have a fairly expensive set of Thule roof bars that have fitted on every car I've had for the last 15 years, with just a change of adapter kit, which I've been able to pick up on ebay for about £15. Sadly can't fit them on the K12 3 door without a massive outlay on extra bits:confused:
Thule kit on a K12 3 door......
GPyE5r2.jpg

Good job I did not buy make a roof box or basket yet then. might just have to make the roof bars my self some how.since I'm wanting to use the whole roof area mainly to carry fishing rods or an odd few bits of timber that won't fit inside.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
Good job I did not buy make a roof box or basket yet then. might just have to make the roof bars my self some how.since I'm wanting to use the whole roof area mainly to carry fishing rods or an odd few bits of timber that won't fit inside.
You have to have two attachment points within the door aperture as shown above, with the longitudinal cross members, that are connected to the front bars and the rearward mounting points, exerting downward pressure on the rear bar, whose feet just sit on the roof......... get it right or you could lose the rack and contents (potentially causing damage to your car and anyone behind you). I'm a retired mechanical design engineer and I am very wary of a DIY approach, as the wind loading on the rack, when in motion at any speed, has too many unknowns ................