K12 1.2s Problems

Have 3 problems with the 2003 Micra.

PS light is coming on, no power steering, all the time
NATS light is coming on, intermittant, can resolve by removing & replacing a fuse
Tailgate locks itself & won't unlock, intermittant & currently behaving itself.

Had the AA out, they ran some diagnostics on it, cleared the NATS light by removing & replacing a fuse, couldn't do anything about the PS. Said they were getting fault code U1001 out of the ECU.

Had a poke around, no sign of any obvious loose connections or chafed wires. Bit worried as a thread on another forum suggests up £600 for a new PS motor.

Also slighty odd that a car that has given trouble free reliable service for 3 yrs has now developed 3 problems since being serviced at the local main dealer 3 weeks ago. 4 if you count the wiper mechanism that broke and had to be replaced when we had the first lot of snow.

Any ideas out there anyone?

cheers,
Mr E

Don't about the rest but the tailgate prob was a recall and you should be able to get it fixed easy. I had it done on my 04 plate I used to have.

Rodent279 my micra suffered the same problem with the misbehaving tailgate, that means the solenoid is beginning to give up, there is a way to release your tailgate from the inside of the car if it gets stuck, the instructions are in the manual, or if you dont have your manual just post back here and i will talk you through it.
the solenoids are reasonably cheap and you could put it in yourself if you are any way practically minded :D

that trouble code is 'lost communication with TCM' :grinning: Hope that throws some light on your problems!

Back