• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

K11 wont start need help!!

I got a k11 micra recently and it wasnt running it will run if I put easy start into the carburetor but it will stop when it runs out of it it's not pulling the petrol up and and I check fuses and relays and they all seem fine but there is no power going back to the fuel pump any help would be great

A k11 doesnt have a carb.

Check the fuel pump wiring/relay/fuse. Try putting 12v directly on the fuel pump. Also does the check engine light flashes?

A k11 doesnt have a carb.

Check the fuel pump wiring/relay/fuse. Try putting 12v directly on the fuel pump. Also does the check engine light flashes?
How do you test the fuel pump? When I try the 2 terminals on it just spark as if it's a double positive but where is the negative? The check engine light does come on and I have checked the fuses and relays and all it ok thanks for ur reply

frank

Club Member
connecting 12v live to a pump submerged in petrol sounds pretty dangerous to me :)
they are live fed and signalled via earth adam, with a cutout when there is no crank signal
best to check for pressure than poke wires imo
is the nats light flashing ?

I had the pump out and swapped it with a different one of of another micra but.the pump must have been gone on it too when I take the petrol line off of the filter it wont squirt any petrol up and dont think the nats light is on