K11 track day car

So had the idea of getting into doing track days and been looking around at 'cheap' cars that are suitable like mk5 zetec S's, mx5's, clio 172 etc but now I've had my uncle say I can have he's '99 micra as he's now got a company car. Unsure of the model but sure it's a 1.3 and I know it's been maintained well as my old man has serviced dead on each interval.

Guessing I can't turn it down but I know naff all about micras but know what I want for a track day car and I'm hoping I can get it from the micra... I'm reckon I'll be looking down the turbo route as pretty much all my past cars have been boosted apart from my vtec days a few yrs back.

There's a ton of Q's I have but gonna have a troll through the forum and try and clue myself up on these little beasts.

Leeroyv

Turboing one well isn't easy... Majority of people never finish it.

But, with the 1.3 100hp can be achieved relatively easily, and you should be able to get it down to 750/800kg. Handling wise they are brilliant cars, should outdo a fair few 'better' cars if driven right

Agree a Micra with 100bhp sorted suspension and 800kgs seriously shows up alot of more powerful and renowned cars U tube has a number on track days and Rallies that fly around and are un turbod ;-)