K11 Throttle body after 2000

S

szemeteske

Hi All,

I got a K11 (2002), and I experience the very same problems others were writing about before (power loss, noisy idle, stall when starting). As I learned it's all about the throttle body. I found an excellent guide on how to re-solder it, however, when I checked my own car's engine I found that the body throttle is totally different than the one in the guide. My one is a Bosch made, and I think it was changed since the K11 facelift at year 2000 (my car is a 2002 modell). Do anyone knows if there's the same problem with this Bosch stuff as it was before? Is there any guide how to re-solder, or repair these kind of throttle bodies?
Thanks in advance!

mike

I love Ed!!!!
No one has made a guide to repair the later spec tb, however they do occasionally come up on ebay for reasonable money.

Mike

You cant repair them, trust me ive tried! Try cleaning it with carburettor cleaner or easy start if you dont have any! Also mark4 golf gti turbo maf fits into the throttle body but you just have to solder the wires straight on rather than use the plug.

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
wrench did you cut it up to get inside, im hoping / going to try it when i can get a faulty one and have a look see

wrench did you cut it up to get inside, im hoping / going to try it when i can get a faulty one and have a look see
No theres a plastic plate similar to that on the prefacelift held on by silicone, i used a hot soldering iron to melt the silicone then levered it off!

yes a chipboard with the wires soldered on similar to the preface lift, but a lot smaller. also the whole chipboard is covered with a protective gel coating.
ill try and get some pics if I still have it.

OP
OP
S

szemeteske

So in general: the symptoms are the same as the pre-2000 models, but it's unlikely that any re-soldering needed, or would solve this. More likely some cleaning recommended, or get a new throttle body?