K11 Thermostat gasket

Hello,

My heater has only been getting lukewarm for a while now and the temperature gauge isn't going up to it's usual position, so I thought I'd start by trying a new thermostat.

Thought I'd get the one I've listed below from "Euro car parts", but it's not supplied with a new gasket. Can anyone suggest where I can get a new thermostat gasket, or is the "Instant Gasket" stuff generally used these days? I've no previous experience of using it.

Do I need a thermostat with an 82 or 88' opening temperature - my car is a 1L 1995.

Thank you for any useful suggestions.

Circoli Thermostat Product Code: 20970003J (Euro Car Parts)

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/...39175777e3bb7ed2459d21371859b785077d89&000325

Both my 1 litres have 82 degree ones

"It just looks like a scrotum" - Jeremy Clarkson on the K12

You know what it's for don't you? It's there to regulate temperature, without it your car will take forever to heat up. So yes you need one

"It just looks like a scrotum" - Jeremy Clarkson on the K12

Years ago we had a Chevette that keeped overheating, so we replaced the thermostat. It still overheated, so we took the thermostat out. It then didn't warm up and ran like a cold engine, which wasn't very well as was often the case for older pre ECU engines. We then drilled four small holes in the new thermostat and it then ran fine! With hindsight, the replacement thermostat we'd purchased probably had a higher opening thempertue than required.

Hi All, I was given this website by someone else from MSC nissan4u.com it lists all the micras and all the original parts with part numbers and I find that buying parts on ebay or amazon is best. As I won't trust euro car parts again as I had problems getting a new radiator from them 3 different ones & I then asked for a refund, I went to jayar parts and the first rad they got me was correct.

yeowart0003

Hi All, I was given this website by someone else from MSC nissan4u.com it lists all the micras and all the original parts with part numbers and I find that buying parts on ebay or amazon is best. As I won't trust euro car parts again as I had problems getting a new radiator from them 3 different ones & I then asked for a refund, I went to jayar parts and the first rad they got me was correct.

yeowart0003

That's interesting and possibly useful. If the information on "nissan4u.com" is to be be believed, looking at the diagram of the thermostat for my 1995 1L (link below), it would seem the thermostat was fitted using "Gasket-liquid" from new and it had a Gates thermostat (part no: 2120099B03) with an opening temperature of 82'. I haven't found an hour to pull the thermostat out and replace it, but this information may prove useful. Thank you!

http://nissan4u.com/parts/micra/er_...rmostat_water_hose_and_piping/illustration_1/

Back