k11 Stereo wiring!

J

jamesauld

Hey my first post here, so hello all...

Just looking for some help really, at the mo my micra has no stereo just wires, so i bought a cheap stereo off ebay.
It has the manual telling me which cable does what, so ive searched for a colour code key for the micra but cant find one.

went to halfords and the guy was helpfull explaining i needed a multimeter and telling me how to find each wire...

so yeh i took that and got busy, realised theres no earth so earthed it to the car as i was told by google :)
then found my live wire nice 12volt supply, then switched the engine on to find the other live wire and thats where im ######ed!!!

I cant find any other live wire in the bunch, so right now im gutted as maybe ive wasted money?

hoping you guys will tell me the colours so i can connect it up properly??

thanks again James.:laugh:

ps. it looks pretty in the dash, but is pretty useless at the mo! :down:

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
You only need 2 live wires, what else are you trying to find? All you need for the stereo to work is a constant 12v supply for memory retention, a switched ignition supply for the stereo power, a ground, then connections for the aerial and the speakers....

Or are you saying you cant find the switched live? Its useful to have a Haynes manual to know what colour it should be :)

OP
OP
J

jamesauld

well i cant find one of the two lives i only find 1...

guy in halfords told me it wasnt in a haynes manual or id have bought one!

do u fancy telling me the colours please?

i think the one i found is the switch live, cause its only live when the car is on i think.

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
It 'is' in the manual, but yep I'll be able to tell you them when I get home from work tonight. It'll probably be nearer half 8-9 :)

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
12V Ignition Wire = Blue in K11, Red on ISO adapter
12V Permanent Live = Pink in K11, Yellow on ISO adapter

Right Front Speaker +ve = Brown
Right Front Speaker -ve = Brown with White Stripe
Left Front Speaker +ve = Purple
Left Front Speaker -ve = Greeb wutg Yellow Stripe

Hope that helps :)

OP
OP
J

jamesauld

:( nope....

12V Ignition Wire = Blue[yup]
12V Permanent Live = Pink [nup but tried pink n black]

Right Front Speaker +ve = Brown [yup]
Right Front Speaker -ve = Brown with White Stripe [nope]
Left Front Speaker +ve = Purple [nope]
Left Front Speaker -ve = Greeb wutg Yellow Stripe [nope]

okay so my micras different from the gang :(
its a 1l Maritius..
and most of the wires arent the colours u told me.

But im not fussed about the speakers just now, I'd be happy if the thing just turned on, but it didnt when i tried the blue to red and pink to yellow way.

anyone help me please I could go cry now lol...

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Pink and black will be a speaker wire...

The ignition wire will be a solid colour of some sort. What year is your K11?

Why not use the cigarette lighter power wire? It's switched on with the ignition and is fused at 15amps :)

OP
OP
J

jamesauld

good thinking how do i go about doing that then?

and um is there any way i can do it without not being able to use the ciggy lighter as i was hoping to charge my ipod using it :)

(mind u id rather the friggin cd player worked)

oh my k11 is a P reg 1995 998cc maritius

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
my.php

cut the wire... and insert an extra wire on the second section which goes to the stereo... or use a T-connector... similar think but as the name suggests shaped like a T and only the connections.. you can get ones which except bullet connections.

i need to know how to match the new cable with the one on my k11 2000 car radio wire i have a new cable with 14 wire and diffrent colour and i have one on my k11 12 and diffrent if you can help that will be greatfull

MicraPRO

Part Of The Furniture
i need to know how to match the new cable with the one on my k11 2000 car radio wire i have a new cable with 14 wire and diffrent colour and i have one on my k11 12 and diffrent if you can help that will be greatfull
2 ways to do it really halfords sell loom adapters for a plug and play fitment or you can crimp and join the wires you have in your car to those wires you have on the stereo you just need a wiring diagram.