k11 static timing

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
I know this has sort of been covered before but more detail is needed as im having pinking problems after new dizzy instalation, the other thread reads as follows..............

Well the timing marks on the crank pulley read from left to right when standing facing the pulley are -5 -- 0 -- 5 -- 10 -- 15 -- 20. So TBC on cylinder 1 will be the second mark from the left, usually coloured yellow, however this has usually come off on older cars.

Standard ignition timing is 15deg + or - 2deg. So with your strobe connected up the pointer should be hovering above the second to last notch on the pulley. Setting it by hand isn't that hard since the engine isn't under load, so the chances of you doing damage are extremely slim. You should be able to set this with the TPS connector unplugged, as explained in the Haynes Manual. Allow the engine to reach temperature and check the timing again. Failing that, just post up again and we'll do our best to help you through it

NOW what i need to know is ............is the second to last notch on the pully starting from left or from right as you look at it.
as i remember on other cars you have marks either side of top dead centre so for a micra 998cc is the timing before or after tdc before been left side and after been right as you look at it .....................dont mean to confuse you all.:blush: :blush:

As you look at the crank pulley, it's laid out exactly as you have written it in your post :)

ATDC, TDC, BTDC, BTDC, BTDC, BTDC
[-5]---[0]---[5]---[10]---[15]--[20]

So you want to be timing the engine to the 2nd to last timing mark on the right. So count from the left hand mark, which is 5deg after TDC, up to the 2nd to last one which is 15deg BTDC.

If you need anything else just holla, but you'll be fine :)

cheers m8 will get that sorted tomorrow I was going to buy a workshop manual to sort this but jobs a goodun now.
After thought will still get workshop manual and im going to scan it into pc and maybe put it onto disc or just post relivent bits.

Back