K11 standard speakers

Hi all,

I have just fitted a cheapo stereo in my K11 all works fine. but i have two questions!

1. is it likely that my car K11 shape will only have one front speaker (passenger side) only sound comes from this side. my mates mk2 fiesta only has one from the factory but that is an '86 car not '96. just thought i would check before ripping the door to bits.

2. the ebay iso adaptor a bought has one wire with a connector on the end. it comes out of the iso plug in the stereo and is terminated on its own. what is this? could it be an earth? it works fine without it connected to anything.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Hi all,

I have just fitted a cheapo stereo in my K11 all works fine. but i have two questions!

1. is it likely that my car K11 shape will only have one front speaker (passenger side) only sound comes from this side. my mates mk2 fiesta only has one from the factory but that is an '86 car not '96. just thought i would check before ripping the door to bits.

i would say it should have a speaker in each door..take door card of and check ( very easy to do )

2. the ebay iso adaptor a bought has one wire with a connector on the end. it comes out of the iso plug in the stereo and is terminated on its own. what is this? could it be an earth? it works fine without it connected to anything.

is it yellow? could be electric aerial

Thanks in advance

Matt

just reading the stickies above, i believe the black wire is the earth/ground, I fitted the stereo using a cradle so i will earth this wire to a piece of dash metal by making up another length of wire with crimps to attach it to the dash.

Matt

Update, my car does have two speakers lol. only works on one through CD player i think i will need to wiggle some of the connectors to see if i can make the other speaker work on the CD function.

I just need to figure out a way to get a better radio signal, the existing one drops out really easily when driving, i think i may need to remove the original ariel? either clean the contacts or replace? has anyone done anything for improving radio signal?

Oh yeah and get a cable to check the aux in 3.5mm-3.5mm ebay here i come.

Still only getting cd player sound through the left speaker

But sorted the radio signal by making sure there was good earth. Now the signal doesn't drop out

have you had the speaker out that is not working and tested it ?

Yeah I took the speaker out and tested it, it works fine on the radio just not with the cd? which I would guess must be an internal problem with the stereo. Not a big problem as I listen to the radio more than CD's

Back