K11 SR20DE+T? A return to micra's

So my BMW has to put it bluntly **** itself, sold it and got a cool 9k burning a hole in my pocket, the sensible voice in my head says "buy a WRX STI" but the other voice is wanting a ridiculously powerful micra. Here's where my question comes in, how much money are we talking to at the very least get a standard SR20DE into the K11? I know this is one of the more popular swaps so would hopefully be cheaper/easier to get done. I am not mechanically adept at all but do have a fabricator that can make up exhausts or anything else custom. Any help would be appreciated as it would be nice to have a micra on the drive again but I want at least 200-250hp rather than 63, cheers guys

You don't do motorswaps to be "easy" or "cheap".
If you want a calculated cost, buy just an already fast car.

If you want put time and effort in your pride and joy, then think about a swap ;-)

Full on swaps require a lot of work, though I don't know too much about the SR20 swaps on these I've seen people say you need different axles or to machine them down. Kefke is absolutely right, while you can do it on the cheap, its just not a good idea because more often than not you'll overlook something and then suddenly your engine pops miles from home!

Don't people manage to get 150+ out of the CR10/CR13 engines anyway with a turbo and some work? I know Andy posted a Micra that still had the stock lump, just turboed, and it put out 222 to the wheel.

This is just rough qoutes and cost of parts
Sr20de engine cost about 300
Sr20 gearbox 100
Custom drive shafts are 400 pounds
Wiring loom and Ecu 100
Almera brakes with disc 100
3 engine mounts and middle brace 100
chassis leg on drivers need cutting
that's only 150 bhp from stock engine
Turbo that engine and it will cost more in more parts and mapping
Is it really worth it ? Down to ur self really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does the chassis leg need cutting azzy?

If you want to do an sr swap, buy a n15 gti you'll have everything you need except the custom shafts

Why does the chassis leg need cutting azzy?

If you want to do an sr swap, buy a n15 gti you'll have everything you need except the custom shafts
Chassis legs for water pump ? U can have electric pump on but how reliable is that ?

Chassis legs for water pump ? U can have electric pump on but how reliable is that ?

Have you got a clue what you're talking about?

If you're using custom shafts then you can put the engine in the correct place so everything fits

Have you got a clue what you're talking about?

If you're using custom shafts then you can put the engine in the correct place so everything fits
Yeh i have heard u can move it over to passager side, am not sure about sr20 am on bigger swap then that mate

frank

Club Member
its the other end that hits the chassis on the sr,s (the g/box) dave bull "massaged" his with a sledge hammer, stani just reworked the lower flange on his