k11 running issue...

Hey guys! i feel like i am using this forum for advice... not the case i will get into the community but here we go..

Bought a k11 S 2000 reg the other day, running sweet as a nut till the other day when it would spin over but not catch, turned it off and on, started no problem, that was 2 days ago

today, go to start it up, starts and idles fine then it went lumpy and cut out. also the airbag light stayed on for a while longer then normal...

also does anyone know if taking it to a diagnostics place to get the codes read (if any!) will shed some light on the problem?or anyone got any tips i could check?

looking Thu the little history that came with the car, 6 months ago it had its MAF changed, and a full service

Thanks guys

Ok 31 views and no reply's? cool.. ill have to take it to the diagnostics place tomorrow n get the codes read n hopefully sort this issue out....

Hey guys! i feel like i am using this forum for advice... not the case i will get into the community but here we go..

Bought a k11 S 2000 reg the other day, running sweet as a nut till the other day when it would spin over but not catch, turned it off and on, started no problem, that was 2 days ago

today, go to start it up, starts and idles fine then it went lumpy and cut out. also the airbag light stayed on for a while longer then normal...

also does anyone know if taking it to a diagnostics place to get the codes read (if any!) will shed some light on the problem?or anyone got any tips i could check?

looking Thu the little history that came with the car, 6 months ago it had its MAF changed, and a full service

Thanks guys

The MAFs on these cars are VERY sensitive.

If it was replaced with a cheap one (Most likely) you';ll get running problems. 6 months sounds right.

I'd look into getting a Bosch MAF.

A code reader might shed some light, do that first :)

Thank you for replying, i did spend a while googling for the issues and it was coming up with all sorts.... and by the way you say look into a bosch one, are they going to be expensive....

Thanks

Just to update you guys, i had it plugged into a snap on diagnostics and it come back with nothing at all, so that's good and bad... ahha but it did tell me that it had the seat belt tenser replaced....

Just to update you guys, i had it plugged into a snap on diagnostics and it come back with nothing at all, so that's good and bad... ahha but it did tell me that it had the seat belt tenser replaced....

Any chance to test a replacement throttle body?

Or even a different MAF?

Its only done it twice, i got rac cover so im gonna wait till it keeps doing it or breaks down, no sweat i don't need the car for work, but thought it would have thrown a error code up, ill keep you guys updated, i might even go to the scrap yard n start looking for micras to nick bits off just incase... cheers

Back