K11 recall from nissan

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
Nissan have found and identified a problem with the k11 door locks where the door has come open when driving there is approximately 35000 cars affected with this, I can get the from and to vin range of vehicles affected and the build date from and to, I do advise you go to your local Nissan dealer and ask them to check for any outstanding recalls on your vehicle people that are affected also will get letters in the post but if your car has been sold on many times you may not get the letter

B

Beachboy

1st i heard of this, probably on the 2000 onwards k11 if locks had changed at some point?
its not on the nissan website though so could be a wind up..

J

Jim

if it affected 35,000 cars it's strange that this recall occurs 2 years after production of the k11 stopped...

hmm..

Elliot

Ex. Club Member
I've heared of this, as I work as a mechanic for Nissan. :)

I don't know the specifics, as we have only had 1 car in for the work at the moment... and I didn't get to do the job.

As said, there is a LOT of vehicles affected by this recall.

-Elliot

OP
OP
Fordy

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
hi all got the bulletin today for the recall
FROM VIN TO VIN
SJN***K11U4186427 SJN***K11U4254259
FROM PRODUCTION DATE TO PRODUCTION DATE
01/02/02 30/09/02

cars in this range might be affected

F

fejao

Its not a wind up, I got my letter from Nissan today advising me that my car was included in the recall. It went in today to get it done along with its service. Also the cars that are affected the registered owners will get a letter from Nissan as they get all the cars affected and reg owners from the DVLA.

Fejao x