K11 Rear wheel bearing replacement

Hi as above I'm about to replace this item over the weekend. A couple of questions when you fit the new bearing does the stub axle need a bit of grease on it prior to fitting bearing as Haynes manual doesn't mention anything about this. Secondly my torque wrench only goes up to 200Nm as the torque req'd is 221Nm could I torque it to 200Nm and then use my breaker bar to nip it a bit more.
Any advice appreciated.( Just off to neighbour to see if his torque wrench goes beyond 200Nm lol)
Thanks mark

Should be fine, but you'll probably see no mevement if you try and "nip it up", you are talking breaker bar and standing on it.

Easy to do, usually I convert to lbft, know my weight, then decide how far along the breaker bar to put my weight with the bar at 90 degree. Eg, if you weight 221lbs, then stand 1 foot away from the pivot point, or if you weigh 110lb, then stand 2 foot away..

Should be fine, but you'll probably see no mevement if you try and "nip it up", you are talking breaker bar and standing on it.

Easy to do, usually I convert to lbft, know my weight, then decide how far along the breaker bar to put my weight with the bar at 90 degree. Eg, if you weight 221lbs, then stand 1 foot away from the pivot point, or if you weigh 110lb, then stand 2 foot away..
Thanks for getting back to me I think I will torque it to 200Nm pretty tight I would say for a wheel bearing. Any idea on the grease for the stub axle? I guess 23years on one bearings not bad lol.
Thanks again for the advice?

200Nm is a bit on the low side for wheel bearings.

Standard LM grease should be fine if they dont specify it.
Just had a look at the new wheel bearing and found that the hub flange is 5mm smaller than the original the new flange has 5mm shaved off the back the height of the hub itself is the same. Checked the bearings too front one is fine but the rear one doesn't move at all. On the original bearing both bearings have movement in them. Seems a bit strange. Lol. I think I will give the seller a call on Monday meanwhile I will put the old one back on till I get a reply. The old bearing is skf looked up part no stamped on new one and it comes up as nsk bearing. Seems to be more weight to old bearing too. Must be trying to save money!

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_171116167.jpg
    IMG_20210904_171116167.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_20210904_171239069.jpg
    IMG_20210904_171239069.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 123
Just had a look at the new wheel bearing and found that the hub flange is 5mm smaller than the original the new flange has 5mm shaved off the back the height of the hub itself is the same. Checked the bearings too front one is fine but the rear one doesn't move at all. On the original bearing both bearings have movement in them. Seems a bit strange. Lol. I think I will give the seller a call on Monday meanwhile I will put the old one back on till I get a reply. The old bearing is skf looked up part no stamped on new one and it comes up as nsk bearing. Seems to be more weight to old bearing too. Must be trying to save money!

Attachments

• IMG_20210904_171158706.jpg
    IMG_20210904_171158706.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 126