K11 Rear speaker help

Hi, i have a 1997 k11 1.1 vibe, I have brought a new set of front and rear speakers. My problem is that there isnt any speakers in the back of the car and i cant find any evidence of anywhere to put them. According to my manual there is wires in the the back somewhere ready for speakers, but i cant seem to find where they are.. Could anyone help??

Robert

Ex. Club Member
as far as i know, the only rear speakers from the factory are in the parcel shelf.

look on the right hand side under the plastic bit next to the parcel shelf, should be a little connector block.

If not, i have no idea.

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
I personally wouldn't bother using that, it's probably a pile of crap and you'll need to splice onto the wires to use it.

Me personally would just run new cables from the headunit, under the carpet, or under the plastic lining down by the sills.

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
How i done it was take the wires from the head unit and take them down the drivers side, and slip them under the carpet, there is a plastic thing next to the accelerator pedal which holds the carpet down, 2 screws and a plastic twisty thing hold them on (i think) then i'd run it under the rest of the carpet, under the rear seats, into the boot and then try and tidy it all up.

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Reason for having it drivers side is that if you fancy an amp for a sub later on, you can run the power up the passenger side, as it's easier for the positive connection to the battery, and I've heard that you want to keep speaker cables away from power cables as they can interfere, don't know if there's much truth in that though.