K11 Rear Inner Arches

algebraboy

Site Supporter
Hi, I have a R reg k11. The poor beast has some severe rust issues.Can anyone direct me or suggest where I may get the rear inner arch panels from? Thanks very much for your time!

OP
OP
A

algebraboy

Site Supporter
Thanks for the reply and link! I think ma description may not have been quite right. I ment the 'panel' that the damper attaches to, which is spot welded to the car. I have attached a pic. Yup we have pretty much found a shed load of rot and are attempting to address it all. If I can't buy all the metalwork, the welder said he can fabricate etc but obviously that will be added cost. Thanks again ?

Attachments

• IMG-20190412-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20190412-WA0012.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 281
For the boot floor part /arch, it's fab , the inner arch it's self maybe find another micra and chop it out and weld in,
It's a common place for the to for as the dirt ect gets behind the undersea L and rots the car out, find the same aboive the back box, inner sils, rear crossmber , behind the fuel filler , chassis legs ,
But as far as I've seen its only really external panels you can get , rest is find a donor or tab

OP
OP
A

algebraboy

Site Supporter
Ahhh. Thanks very much for the info, that explains why I haven't been able to find them anywhere so far. Thanks again for taking the time ?

Always remember if its rust and rot you can see, the problem is nearly always worse behind what you start cutting out.

Anyone can slap a patch over but it's best to cut out and replace the rot otherwise it will rot back through and then you have to chop more out

Sent from my SM-N950F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

This is what happens when you patch badly over rust ,
For this one basically cleaned it off with a pressure washer getting alot of the loose off to see what I got to work with
Then next stick is going over it again with a screw driver and chisel ,
Surface rust can be worked within reason with a wire wheel on a grinder till clean as possible the. Rust treat , red oxide , and paint
Anything worse is chop and replace
Maybe worth a quick look at my blog, it's been 7 months and winter without a problem (expect a rush paint job I did on a sill lol)
IMG_20190414_174956687.jpeg
IMG_20190414_175010342.jpeg
IMG_20190416_142642216.jpeg
IMG_20190416_142631857.jpeg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Micra Sports Club mobile app