K11 Rear Axle Problems

Hi there

1st post looking for some help & advice

Browsed the forum for 5-6 years now since my Mother In law has owned micras and if they have went wrong I've always found the site to be really helpful

This years MOT dealt a harsh blow to her R plate K11, lots of welding, few brake pipes and
the rear axle has been totally condemmed. Managed to pick up a decent quality 2nd hand axle but sadly it came from an non arb model.
Have done a bit browsing and reckon it will be ok to fit this and delete rear arb on car as it is!?
Can someone please confirm or deny this before i go sticking it on or sourcing another
Many thanks

OP
OP
S
Thanks mate! Yeah would have preffered to keep it but it will be more hassle to get another axle, clean that one up and hammerite that, return the wrong one and get the car back for the fast track rather than retest!

Dont think the mother in law will notice the understeer on her trips to the shop! Only does 2-3k a year in the car

Cheers

Just make sure you remove all trace of the arb being there in the first place mate, mine failed cos it was fitted originally and I didn't dirty up the holes it was bolted to.

Just make sure you remove all trace of the arb being there in the first place mate, mine failed cos it was fitted originally and I didn't dirty up the holes it was bolted to.
The cant or shouldnt have done that, if its not there they cant test it and cant prove it was fitted :/ thatsbwhat testers have always told me at work.

Well he did...blatantly obvious it was fitted before, nice fresh paint. He said if it was fitted from factory it should still be there. Putting it back on only took 5 minutes so I'm not bothered really, plus I found I have a rear one fitted which is a bonus