p1090741k.jpg

p1090740t.jpg

With a bit of work I made them look like this:

scaled.php

scaled.php

Far from being perfect but... you can't spot it from a plane, can you :wasntme:

Also working on a different idea:

scaled.php

Question is - How to make this plastic panel look clear? It's being clear ages a go, then scratched, then I sanded it with a wet sand paper (1200 I think) ....

Get a some wax and a buffer I think, last time I worked with perspex I was still in school

lol, those were the days. I made a perspex keyring when I was at school and a clock.

Looking good Peposhi, it'll take some doing to get it clear again. You could put a little LED at the bottom with them shining upwards through the perspex?

I wanted, but I read this is an mot failure, Karl. Do I need to put everything OEM back if I'm to test the car?

That steering wheel is very tasty Pepper, as is the centre console now that you've covered it (Y).

By the way, a little tip for stopping the airbag light from flashing. Remove just the airbag fuse, which will cause the light to be permanently on. This isn't an MOT failure - the tester will just put it down as an advisory that you've fitted an aftermarket steering wheel, as the same happened to me when I fitted Momo wheel (if it had made it to MOT, that is). At least this saves you re-fitting the stock steering wheel. I'm not sure about removing the bulb altogether though, I wouldn't have seen that as a problem either because that just gives the tester the impression that your car was never fitted with an airbag. Hope this helps :grinning:

PenYo, have your removed all of the Fuses for the Air Bag? I think there is more than one if I remember rightly. Looks great though (Y).

Have you wired up your horn? Also if you still have your old steering wheel, what I did I managed to prise the Nissan Badge out of the steering wheel to use on the horn button (just an idea).

get some tfr or degreaser and clean the engine till you could eat your dinner off of it :D that always looks good!

ouch!! as said, a drop of petrol will lift that gunk off effortlessly.

personally i wouldnt go the bodykit route if thats what your thinking, your money would be better spent on lowering springs, car will have a more aggressive stance and better handling. or maybe a splitter/lip kit. imo bodykits r rough. just my opinion though.

yeah loose the back seats, all the plastic trim in the rear and take up half the carpet. but leave the spare wheel in and put a strut brace across the back. then polish up all the exposed metal!! would look unreal :D

forget the back wheel, mine weighed 10.5Kg. a can of tyre weld is much lighter and practical option!

To solve the problem with the airbag light I just unscrewed a bolt at the back of the dials:

scaled.php

scaled.php

The airbag bulb is in a console I can not reach, so I decided to play smart cut cut the power connected to it. Will see what else would be affected as I'm not an electrician or mechanic. I'm a DIY(T) man.

(T) means twice :)

looks great pepo shame i didnt get to meet you at JAE hopefully next year!

you need to sort out that funny looking gear selector thing to a gear stick!

I guess no one regrets more than me, mate... Probably that's why I stayed away for quite some time, I was very upset.
Hopefully next next year I'll meet you all!

The gear selector is meant to turn in to a smooth looking low profile one. But it's quite a task for me atm.

Went to NCT(MOT) last week. Expected a lot of troubles. It turned out to have only 3:
1. Far side wishbone to be replaced
2. Get the horn working
3. Far side beam too high

That's it, they said nothing about the steering wheel, auxiliary lights, springs... nothing.

Happy days

Thank you, Shaun (Y) How do you find the Jap Raw sign?

I will to go as far as 60mm drop. Wheels... you know what I want :)
Won't be any time soon, though :laugh:

It's very pity I live nowhere near close to Micra maniacs... only on here and on the Bulgarian Nissan forum I can get in touch with Micra community :(

Long story short:

Went to petrol station.
Card slot wasn't working, so had to go to pay at the kiosk.
Filled 35 Euro worth of .... and saw the price - 1.42 Euro/l
Ah, I said, petrol went down 8 cents?!?... Lovely!
Looked up.
OMFG!!!
I have filled it with DIESEL :wow: WTF!!!
'bout 25 liters and tank was nearly empty...
Moved the car.
Detached the filter.
Tried to pull the diesel from the tank with a hose (silly me).
Rang a friend.
Rang a friend who's got a garage.
Lucky me went to collect a hand pump.
Removed the fuel pump under the back seat.
Pumped out as much liquid as I could.
Blew the diesel out of the filter.
Put back everything else.
Switched the ignition to start the fuel pump.
15 sec and pipes were cleared of diesel.
Connected the filter.
Started the car.
Had a cloud of smoke for 'bout 5 min.
Smiled and drove home :p

It was hilarious experience...
Almost sure it will never happen again.
That's one of those things once you do, you never repeat...

Best part of it:

I'VE LEARNED NEW THINGS AND FIXED THE PROBLEM MYSELF(100 Euro is the cheapest to get someone to help you out and on top of that it was Sunday :grinning:)

Dude how did you make that centre console / arm rest? its looks the mutt's nuts, top work there fella :p
Glad you like it, mate

Here's a link off here, but not sure if you'd have an access as it's for paid members:

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/46371-How-to-DIY-a-central-armrest-console-)?highlight=

If you can not access it, then you can check this one:

http://nissanbg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=22769&start=270

check page 19, 20, 21 and 23
It's in Bulgarian, but the pictures speak for themselves...

Hope that helps. It's not difficult to do, just use your imagination and hands (and proper tools :))

Good luck!

Ah, and forgot to say that finally got past the NCT... till next September though. They've changed the rules now and every over 10 years old car has to go to NCT once a year not once every 2 years...

ye sorry, was late for me haha. some boss kits come with the resistor if you buy a car specific one new for turning the light out without effecting the status check when you first start the car, so the MOT man is happy :D

Some pics a friend did for me:

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

We spent a couple of hours and unfortunately it started rainy... would have done a lot more :(

Pictures are not perfect, but some of them are really nice...
I'll leave you to decide which one is the best

:p

I really like those night pictures ! Great job ! The cars looks good with the lights and fogs you added! (Y)

Nice pic's:). What camera yer got?

thanks, mate.

Canon 450 D or something... and he's said he used some top range lenses... not sure what exactly though...
You should see the original files. Above 10MB each, you can do a banner from them :p

I really like those night pictures ! Great job ! The cars looks good with the lights and fogs you added! (Y)

Thanks, Seb. It's a real pleasure driving it around....if only I could have some real power too...

yesterday went to the local scrappy... there were 12 K11s :( really sad...

but while walking around and looking for ideas I found this Autobot resting in the, yard, ha-ha

scaled.php

scaled.php

A bit off topic...

I went to a local hardware shop. I was stunned to see that a tool I have bought in a different shop and costed me 12 Euro, there was 133.7 Euro ?!? WTF?!?

Here's a pic:

scaled.php

I'd like to share a weird experience I had two eves a go...

I was at home when I realized I've forgotten an important doc in my locker at work. Had to rush back and just took my keys and drove. It was very cold, rain like hell and my windscreen was misty. Tried to clean it and only made it worse and got p....d off all them things and hit the accell pedal hard just to get to my work place and comeback home asap. As I was driving I saw the car behind me flashing and hop... the blue lights everyone hates to see were there next... Arrrgh! Not again! I stopped the car, turned off the ignition and waited with heart as big as a golf ball... One of the officers went to the left and opened the passenger door, the second opened my side's and asked:
O: Do you know what speed you're driving at?!?
Me: Ah... Yes... I know...(####, ####, ####....)
O: Well, you're doing 120km/h in a 60 zone!... IN A MICRA!?! (it's actually 80km/h speed zone)
Me: ... silent...(####, fcuk, ####, fcuk and many other words went through my mind)
O: Your driving licence, please?
Me: ... after few seconds looking for it realized I've left it at home as my mobile too!!!!... ( God damn it!!!)... aaah, It's at home , officer...
O:Where are you from... name... address... where are you going and etc.
I was still with an uniform and badge on it so everything seemed fine for him... In the mean time the other officer searched my car and as soon as he finished they turned around and said I'm free to go. They warned me to not drive so fast any more, got in their car and left...
I stood in disbelieve for a few seconds and just didn't know what to think. They could easily make me pay loads for my stupidity and did not...
Whether they were busy, or did not have speed cam records, or didn't bother... I got away with it... It must be a lesson, a warning as I once nearly lost my licence because of speeding and reckless driving.
There's something really funny though :)
The voice the officer had when he pronounced... "IN A MICRA?!?"... There was so much disbelief and surprise in what he said that I almost started giggling...

Whatever the reason was, I'm free to drive now and hopefully won't get involved in situations like this again, cause I don't believe I'd be second time lucky :p

Back