K11 project

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Hi, everyone

I recently sold my lovely Honda HRV project and moved on to a new one.
It's K11 Micra and it's just the beginning.

It'll be only interior and exterior work, noting to do with the engine... There's no point to play with that 999cc engine... :laugh:
As a start I bought of Ebay some headlight cleaner to get rid of the haze on headlights plastic covers. It did the job and here are some pictures to let you see the difference.

Driver's side before:

p1080666.jpg

After:

p1080667.jpg

Passenger's side, after:

p1080665i.jpg

I bought a roof spoiler. I'd say next or week after I'll post pictures again

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

I removed the side mouldings. There's some double sided tape that is extremely hard to remove.
I tried heat gun, soapy boiling water, WD-40.
Managed to remove most of it with WD-40 and sharp razor...
Now's left some of the tape and can't get rid of it...
Any other ideas?

frank

Club Member
its usually best to use a caramel wheel on a drill peposhi, but your residue has probably gone gummy now and you,ll have to use petrol or solvent :eek:
looking good btw (Y)

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

It's Jap car. Runs very good. Like I've said, wouldn't touch the engine. Only exterior, interior work would be done.
WB-40 and a sharp razor was the best option so far. Friend of mine works in a medical equipment factory and has given me small razors, so sharp, that you only notice you've cut yourself when blood starts pouring :)
Managed to remove most of that gummy sh.. and hopefully today would finish it. There are some scratches, nothing major.
I'll colour code the bumper's mouldings and it'll be like that till I get new bumpers.
Just thinking about getting rid of back seat and spare wheel.
The end of next week I believe I'd post some updates.
Looking for LED rear lights. Can't find them anywhere. been searching the net for the last week or so.
Any ideas where I could get them?

It's Jap car. Runs very good. Like I've said, wouldn't touch the engine. Only exterior, interior work would be done.
get some tfr or degreaser and clean the engine till you could eat your dinner off of it :D that always looks good!

WB-40 and a sharp razor was the best option so far. Friend of mine works in a medical equipment factory and has given me small razors, so sharp, that you only notice you've cut yourself when blood starts pouring
ouch!! as said, a drop of petrol will lift that gunk off effortlessly.

I'll colour code the bumper's mouldings and it'll be like that till I get new bumpers.
personally i wouldnt go the bodykit route if thats what your thinking, your money would be better spent on lowering springs, car will have a more aggressive stance and better handling. or maybe a splitter/lip kit. imo bodykits r rough. just my opinion though.

Just thinking about getting rid of back seat and spare wheel.
yeah loose the back seats, all the plastic trim in the rear and take up half the carpet. but leave the spare wheel in and put a strut brace across the back. then polish up all the exposed metal!! would look unreal :D

Looking for LED rear lights. Can't find them anywhere. been searching the net for the last week or so.
Any ideas where I could get them?
i think people call them 'taiwanese' style rear lamps, they look good but if i remember right they are fairly rare and cost the earth but i may be wrong.

looking forward to your updates :)

sweet looking lamps alright, compliment any micra. but $110 + $50 shiping is the earth to me lol i only make 200 euro per week lol. suppose it depends on circumstance :wasntme:

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

its usually best to use a caramel wheel on a drill peposhi, but your residue has probably gone gummy now and you,ll have to use petrol or solvent :eek:
looking good btw (Y)

Hey, Frank

Petrol and a good bit of rubbing did the job :) :
p1080668.jpg

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Once it was done, I moved to a new step - rear spoiler. Thanks to "1.3 GX" I got a nice piece for my Sharky:

p1080674f.jpg

p1080673j.jpg

I got a bit of a dilemma here. I'm planning to go for black/silver theme and still haven't decided what colour to choose for the spoiler - black or silver.

Here how it sits on:

p1080672.jpg

p1080671.jpg

p1080670.jpg

I have the feeling that if I leave it black it will kinda disappear, with silver would be better.

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Next thing would be something I've done to my ex-Honda:

p1070870.jpg

p1070871e.jpg

p1070872.jpg

p1070873n.jpg

p1070878.jpg

p1070874c.jpg

p1070877.jpg

p1070880.jpg

It made a hell of a difference. But was quite dear. Now looking for other solutions, time ain't the best for buying large :):):)

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
I think I'm with you on the silver, bud :).

Lol - posted at same time as post above. I did the same with my K11 and it makes your stereo sound awesome. Dynamat is well expensive but the foil backed roof flashing is basically the same thing so you can save a fortune :).

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

I think I'm with you on the silver, bud :).

Lol - posted at same time as post above. I did the same with my K11 and it makes your stereo sound awesome. Dynamat is well expensive but the foil backed roof flashing is basically the same thing so you can save a fortune :).

The one I've used was Second Skin Damplifier Pro:
p1070882.jpg

Costed me 170 GBP for a box(12.5kg:eek:)... Can't afford that any more :)
I was looking at Flash Bond in our local hardware store and got a 45 Euro quote for a pack of 1000/400 cm, just because it was open :). Still thinking to go for it or no. The metal cover ain't that thick though, wonder if it would work.

Guy

Club Member
The foil's more of a heat shield to prevent radiant heat weakening the glue. Original Dynamat has no foil at all :).

- Or was I too preoccupied with other thoughts, like: if toast always lands jam side down, and a cat always lands on its feet, what happens when you strap a piece of toast, jam side up, to the back of a cat?

Perpetual Motion ???? Small chuckle

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

There's a bit difference between Flashband and Second Skin Damplifier in therms of thickness. The SSD's black gummy thing is about twice thicker, same applies for the aluminium foil. You'd need to use a heat gun get the Flashband stick on the metal in a cold day. I did today both doors and when I get a chance I'd do the boot and the boot lid. If I have left enough, I plan to do the overhead part too

08072010m.jpg

08072010003.jpg

08072010001.jpg

08072010002.jpg

Guy

Club Member
Never heard of damplifier tbh. Probably use it myself instead of Dynamat from now on. Not done any in the K12 yet but I'd love to do under the roof lining and maybe the floor under the carpet to make the car more 'luxury' quiet :grinning:.

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

It's an American company:

http://www.secondskinaudio.com/products/Sound-Deadening-Materials.php

Their main dealer for Europe is:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/deadening/damping-mats.html

I've used the Damplifier Pro and... it does a great job. It's still 149GBP for a bulk pack of 40sq.ft. I must say that I was very impressed and satisfied with it, but that's about 5 times more expensive product and I now prefer to spend me money elsewhere :blues:

with all that sound deadening thing, there's something funny though - once you deaden some part of your car, straight away you'd find another that needs to be deaden too :laugh: and so on and on... :)

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

it looks better with no spoiler on the back

You think? I don't know. I drilled the central hole for spoiler fitting already, it will go on at some stage. Still haven't decided to keep it black or spray it in car's colour though.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
You think? I don't know. I drilled the central hole for spoiler fitting already, it will go on at some stage. Still haven't decided to keep it black or spray it in car's colour though.

looks better when no spoilers is fitted
but when fitted will look good i would prefer silver but is realy your choice
would look wiked with the spoiler fitted in silver

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
no no i just looked again strange with them wheels it looks good with no spoiler
but thats my strange opinion
i am curious now! how it will look with the spoiler
but curious and cats shouldnt mix

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

I must try with a black spoiler first. Wind deflectors are sprayed in black, bonnet' grill, soon bumper' grill would be too. It'll be black till I tint the windows (some time till I put the money together). Then with tinted windows the black would be too much and probably I'd go for silver spoiler.

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

looks good now man :laugh:

Thank you

I first wanted to go for Momo Strike Black
mid_momo_strike-black.jpg
but I rang 8 or 9 suppliers and every where the same - no availability, no next delivery date. Was tired of waiting and found these gems. I think they look fantastic :) The car slowly is turning into that what I wanted it to be :):):)

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Thank you

I first wanted to go for Momo Strike Black
mid_momo_strike-black.jpg
but I rang 8 or 9 suppliers and every where the same - no availability, no next delivery date. Was tired of waiting and found these gems. I think they look fantastic :) The car slowly is turning into that what I wanted it to be :):):)

killer wheels same like killer whales

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Most of my "mods" are not new, something you haven't seen before. Some of them I saw and loved to have them in my car, some of them I had in my head, but then saw how someone else has done it already. But still the car represents me, no matter where I got the idea.

Decided to go for black spoiler.

And as I can't mod the existing rear wiper motor(want that wiper flaaaat!!!), I've checked a local scrappy and got a 30 Euro quote for a 2002 motor. Will try to get a better deal, though.

:suspect:

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

So...

Today I played a little bit and here are the results:

p1080687y.jpg

p1080689y.jpg

p1080690.jpg

p1080691w.jpg

As usual I've doubled the work I've done. This time by drilling a hole in the wrong side of the boot lid and had all wires routed and soldered only to realise that is was the left side where I should do that :)
I have to seal it now. I wonder if the black sealant is good enough to prevent the water from going inside...

Now more and more ideas coming to my head... my wife is giving out on me already (Y)

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Looks cool bud, especially like your little bottom grille lights. :grinning:

Thank you
Yes, they make a difference :)
I recommend you to go for the next grade, though They are with two rows of 5 LEDs and they are more visible day time... They are a Day Running Lights at the end of the day :):):)

Thank you
Yes, they make a difference :)
I recommend you to go for the next grade, though They are with two rows of 5 LEDs and they are more visible day time... They are a Day Running Lights at the end of the day :):):)

Cheers for the advice mate, however I've already ordered some 8Led jobbies of the bay. Hope they OK :blues:

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Right, Guys

Here is some job I've done recently:

Wanted to paint my seats half black with Simply Spray Black Upholstery Paint but mission went disastrous and now I f...d up the passenger seat. have to buy new upholstery or do something...

p1080697w.jpg

p1080694f.jpg

p1080698.jpg

p1080699.jpg

So, I got ####ed off and had to push anger somewhere :) :

p1080734.jpg

p1080735v.jpg

And decided to do some sound deadening:

p1080736t.jpg

p1080737b.jpg

And finished one side today:

18072010.jpg

18072010002.jpg

18072010001a.jpg

And here you could decide for yourself if there's any difference:
[video=youtube;J_tw4kyGdIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_tw4kyGdIU[/video]

So...

A bit of work done, a lot more to come

wowsers, love where your going with this :D:D

im surprised nobody has said it, but you need to lower your car soooooooo badly now :eek:

that said i love the work you've done, especially the seats, i dont see where the problem is with them? some of the standard micra seats have really crap patterns and stuff on them

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

wowsers, love where your going with this :D:D

im surprised nobody has said it, but you need to lower your car soooooooo badly now :eek:

that said i love the work you've done, especially the seats, i dont see where the problem is with them? some of the standard micra seats have really crap patterns and stuff on them

Thanks, Andy (Y)

You should hear the sound of the door closing now - a nice "trup" :)
I plan to lower it, but have to wait for now.

Anyway, how's the lovely Yaris?

OP
OP
peposhi

peposhi

Looking for a name for my car. I removed the MARCH letters and used them to create something new.
Here's the result:

p1080760z.jpg

p1080759.jpg

p1080756s.jpg

p1080755.jpg

p1080754.jpg

p1080753.jpg

p1080752.jpg

p1080751q.jpg

p1080750.jpg

p1080749h.jpg

p1080758x.jpg