K11 or K12?

Thinking about buying a nissan micra. I used to have an 1.3 CVT K11 and it was pretty much the best car i've ever owned.. Bought it for 50€ and drove it for a year before swapping it for a nissan sunny. Biggest mistake ever.

But now as the years have gone by, i'm thinking about getting back to the nissan micra hobby..

I have a friend who could sell me a 4 door K12 with the 1.4 engine, manual. With 1 year of rego for 1000€.
It would be a safe buy because i know the guy.. But in the other hand, i only have experience of K11 micras..
Is the K12 a good buy? I want something reliable that can get me to work.. Planning on making the car better as the years go by. Upgrading it everytime something breaks..

For some reason K11 micras have bumped up in price by a lot.. You can't get the 1.3 version for less than 1500€ Crazy.. They used to cost anywhere from 100-500 a couple of years ago..

What are the pros and cons of K12 micras? Is the K11 micra superior in every way? Should i just wait and see if i can get one for a decent price or should i buy the perfectly good K12 before my friend gets rid of it..

Since i don't know anything about the K12, my only thing to go off of is that the K12 bodywork looks better imho.. The K11 has a nostalgic look to it though.

Last edited:

Craig

Unofficial Member (Gold)
Club Member
Facebook is probably your best bet for quick responses, I think K12s are pretty reliable and there's plenty of spare parts for them, but not really my cup of tea TBH. Probably a bit safer too. Nothing to stop you getting the K12 (assuming it's fairly priced) and holding onto it until a decent, cheaper K11 is avaiable.

Craig

OP
OP
Jsp

Jsp

Found a clean k11 1,3 CVT automatic for 700€. 300€ cheaper than The k12. I've heard that The k12 had unreliable timing chains and were affiliated with Renault. I want a reliable daily driver that id drive to The ground. Should i get The k11 instead? Is the cvt Gearbox reliable long term?

OP
OP
Jsp

Jsp

The K11 i checked out was in very very poor state mechanically. Only good thing about it was the bodywork. So i passed on it. I'll rather buy the K12 if i can't find a good K11.

Either will be down to condition at these ages, the youngest K12 will be 10 years old, and they is old for a modern car.
Will all be down to how well it's been looked after and cared for.