K11 OEM Parcel Shelf Speakers not connecting properly - any ideas?

Hi all,

New to this forum, and having trawled through lots of past threads I haven't found what I'm looking for, but I'm hoping somebody out there will be able to help solve this mystery.

I recently bought a fully working OEM parcel shelf w/ speakers from a 2000 K11 Micra to fit my 2001 K11 Vibe. I was expecting just to plug and play, but when everything is connected there's no sound whatsoever from the rear speakers, only the front door card speakers. I've tested the parcel shelf speakers at home, driving them with an amp, so I know they work.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? Any idea what might be the issue?
Many thanks in advance, and I hope to make some contributions here in the future.

Cheers
 

Attachments

  • DSC_4197.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 86
  • DSC_4196.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 115
  • DSC_4195.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 117
I had to run fresh wire from the head unit to that plug as one of the wires had a break in it and my left speaker stopped working. Can’t think of it being much else as the wires go straight to the stereo
 
Worst case run 4 fresh wires to the rear from the stereo, I just tucked mine under the carpet. another thing to check is the stereo hasn’t been set to all front on the fader setting
 
Didn’t know that Nissan boy, I’d say you hit the nail on the head.

second hand head units are cheap enough I got a pioneer with dab for 20 squids on the site that sounds like spok with a lisp. Another 25 for a roof mounted amplified aerial and I got better dab signal than my bmw.

i would recommend better speakers for the shelf the standard are even weaker than the door ones, jvc standard replacement ones are a huge improvement and can be found for as little as 15 quid new on fleabay.
 
I'd say get a aftermarket stereo, I have one and my rear parcel shelf speakers work great. Bare in mind mine aren't the standard speakers they are 6x9's
 
Thanks all. After testing the wires with the multimeter and getting solid signals, it all seemed to point to a fault in the stereo. Hadn't realised that there were two versions. Ended up getting a decent after market stereo from the local scrapyard for £20 and now I'm in business. Hope this thread will be useful for someone else out there too
 
Thanks all. After testing the wires with the multimeter and getting solid signals, it all seemed to point to a fault in the stereo. Hadn't realised that there were two versions. Ended up getting a decent after market stereo from the local scrapyard for £20 and now I'm in business. Hope this thread will be useful for someone else out there too

Awesome, glad you fixed your issue 👍
 
Top