K11 Micra service parts / costs etc.

-SS-

Ex. Club Member
Hopefully will be getting a K11 over the w/end.

Soon as I have it, I plan to do a service as I have no idea what he previous owner did / did not do to it.

So I have some questions.

1. What engine oil is recommended for a boggo standard 1998 1.0 GX?

2. What spark plugs are recommended?

3. I found this kit on eBay - does it look any good VFM or should I keep away from eBay suppliers? £21 all in looks pretty good, no?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-MICRA-...66:2|39:1|72:1683|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

:)

sleeper_ss

Ex. Club Member
Be quicker & probably cheaper to find your local trade supplier,Euro car parts etc. depending where you are.
They will advise you of the oil specified by Nissan..
Avoid Halfords,to give you an idea of their prices they charge £6.99 for a can of satin black,£2.99 at the trade supplier!That's a handsome profit....

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
bosch super four 4 plugs. or ngk R's ;)

oil. depends how much money you have lol. if it was me i would fit cheap stuff. if i had the money i would have some decent stuff. 10w 40 is the oil you need (incase you didnt know) :)

dan

OP
OP
S

-SS-

Ex. Club Member
10 -40 is what I need - didn't know that so thanks. I think that since this isn't a very high performance, highly tuned turbo'd lump, I will stick boggo standard 10 - 40 which for everyday needs is absolutely fine.

Oil has come a long way and since I do a flush with diesel most times oil is changed, 10 - 40 changed once a year / 5,000 miles is more than enough Ireckon.