K11 Micra CV Joint. Are they the same for 1.0L and 1.3L?

I have a 1998 K11c 1.3L 16v (Non ABS). I need a new CV joint on one of the sides.

Seen this on eBay, guy seems to have sold loads, but its listed as 1.0L. Will this be OK for me?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150560868907

Also how do I physically check which CV joint is causing me problems. I know I had one of the boots changed a couple of years ago, but its the other one. The problem is when i'm moving off from a parked position, there is mechanical resistance on the steering wheel.

Once I get moving its fine, but its that initial few turns when I yank the steering wheel left that I can feel its not right. I was told by someone its the CV joint!

Thanks mckenziecz. What car do I have? I thought I explained it in my post but for clarity;

I have a 1998 Nissan Micra Ally K11c which is the Facelift. It is a 1.3L engine with 16v. First registered in December 1998.

These CV joints on eBay are not genuine Nissan parts, and seem to be one for all, so just want to make sure they are right for my car before I purchase.

Thanks mckenziecz. What car do I have? I thought I explained it in my post but for clarity;

I have a 1998 Nissan Micra Ally K11c which is the Facelift. It is a 1.3L engine with 16v. First registered in December 1998.

These CV joints on eBay are not genuine Nissan parts, and seem to be one for all, so just want to make sure they are right for my car before I purchase.

Should have read it properly and not just the tittle. I believe the pre98 1.0 have smaller spline so his listing doesnt make any sence

Frank,
Many thanks for this. I see the correct one has 23 outer and 22 inner spline for the 1.3L

Would a bad CV joint cause the problem I am having with my Micra. The car was diagnosed with the 'cv boot splitting up' a couple of years ago by Nissan Main Dealer. When I took the car to a local garage for a pre MOT test, he looked at it and said it was fine. Now 2 years later, I am having a problem with the steering.

As mentioned in my opening post, when starting the car up from cold, there is resistance in the steering wheel turning. Once the car gets moving and warmed up, its 100% fine. I've had the N/S CV joint replaced 3 years ago so it must be the O/S joint thats causing problems. A local mechanic wanting to buy my car took it for a drive and mentioned the cv joint was bad. He didn't look at the car, said he could feel it on the short drive

What is the booked labour time to change this, and would it cure my problem? Or could my issue be steering control arms etc...?

normally to check the cv joints go to a car park and put full lock on and drive in a circle if a cv is failing you will hear a clonking noise,if your on left hand lock then its the right cv that needs looking at and vice versa

Back