• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

k11 micra ally progress thread

what colour wheels

• Total voters
had a bit of a play on paint this morning. nothing special, just lowered the car on it and im now considering wraping the almera gti alloys in 195 15 45's and leaving them on. i think it looks pretty cool
erwtnd.jpg

211rwhg.jpg

2nir14.jpg

opinions please

Agreed, really like it, you could try maybe painting the mirror body, rubber door strips (Unless theyre plastic i dont know) and bumper plastic black things all white to go with the wheels, but its just an idea :).

Keep it up!

Agreed, really like it, you could try maybe painting the mirror body, rubber door strips (Unless theyre plastic i dont know) and bumper plastic black things all white to go with the wheels, but its just an idea :).

Keep it up!

i think white is to much of a bright colour to go with the intense blue, im colour coding 'door handles, boot handle and mirrors' the rest of the black trim, instead of the white you suggested im going to do it antracite. along with the wheels. with a sneaky bit of yellow sneaking through on the front calipers, centre caps and website stickers on side rear windows ;)

forget everything else and go for the halo look in the pics--i can see your halo:laugh::laugh:
my halo? tried working this out for ages but dont no what you mean :laugh:

halo above the car---just realized its for the outline of the car
that low is coilovers right??,stunning look i hope they soon sort most roads out for us!!cant believe it those wheels,they are stunning how much roughly they go for??how come you got shot of your old sr?

its only done on paint unfortunatley atm mate. going to buy some -50mm springs then take a few coils off and hope to god to get the same sort of result lol. i was hugely impressed with the look of the wheels once lowered, never expected them to look so good. havnt got a clue how much they are worth though, couldnt imagine they would be to much though
i regret getting rid of it so much, basically im a IDIOT lol:laugh:

so i got a little bored yesterday morning so i thought i would do something productive with my time
ta-daaa
15q2lbs.jpg

3448lev.jpg

2qta6b6.jpg

i was sick of running about on a steal wheel so went and got a part worn tyre
jihsg6.jpg

this pic doesnt really do it justice how low it is at the back, scrapes like a bit*h though
313iqz6.jpg

going to get the front sorted as soon as i get a new grinder blade :)

had a day off today, first sunday of in about 5 month lol. so decided to pull my finger out and do the job i have been dreading the most of all. de-badging it!. so with the weather undecided all day and when i say that i mean one minute its beach weather next its like pakistan, i still managed to get it done though. scratched it a bit though because i used a blade :(. i can say this now, im not looking forward to taking the door strips off :(:(
qrhwy9.jpg

2qd0sn6.jpg

ibjvdj.jpg

enjoy

suprisingly a lot better, a lot firmer but not to bad because of the fact theres still spring in. when going round corners i can feel the back end following the front instead of rolling all over if you get what i mean? its hard to explain lol

I took all my badges and door strips off my ally today. Getting the glue off from the door strips is a ##### i used white spirit dont worry it wont damage paint. I put some on to soften the glue and scraped it carefully with a scraper. Done this a few times then t cut them took a while though.

How easy to lower it was it want to lower mine on my steelies how much should i cut off springs as i dont want it to rub or scrub?

I took all my badges and door strips off my ally today. Getting the glue off from the door strips is a ##### i used white spirit dont worry it wont damage paint. I put some on to soften the glue and scraped it carefully with a scraper. Done this a few times then t cut them took a while though.

How easy to lower it was it want to lower mine on my steelies how much should i cut off springs as i dont want it to rub or scrub?
on my ond k11 i had 13 inch alloys on, i took the springs out all round and it didnt scrub at all so you shouldnt have a problem, the pic of how low it was is on the first page of this blog
Its good to see you progressing, I cant wait to see how this great car turns out. Keep it up mate(Y)
cheers mate have a bit planned for next friday which should change it quite a bit ;)

:) , yeah most likely on wednesday when i have my next day off. does petrol work well to get the glue off?
Patience,prozac &Petrol/white spirit/thinners & rags/tissue will help soften & remove the nasty sticky glue.Credit card type scraper is safest,nothing metal or you'll damage the paint.Horrible job but worth it.Enjoy your day off ;)

Patience,prozac &Petrol/white spirit/thinners & rags/tissue will help soften & remove the nasty sticky glue.Credit card type scraper is safest,nothing metal or you'll damage the paint.Horrible job but worth it.Enjoy your day off ;)
cheers mate, im so looking forward to it now:laugh:
IMO you should get rid of those black side strips...car looks much smoother without them
aye mate i am tomorow ;)

thought id start on the bump strips to see what i was letting my self in for tomorow, only managed to do a little bit because i have work soon
168j1w6.jpg

2vwv5e9.jpg

white spirit made my hands sooooo dry so needed plenty of this:blush:
241s6ep.jpg

and my other baby looking a bit neglected atm
20z5q4p.jpg

hopefully the weathers nice enough tomorow for me to get the rest of the bumpstrips off(Y)

well,,the weather has been perfect today, i have my only day off this week and theres loads i needs done to the car. so you would think id get some done wouldnt you? WRONG! i decided to go out riding all day instead which turned out to be a brilliant day so im not to down about the fact i have got nothing done.
it rubbed sooo much
2qmp5xj.jpg

couldnt fit the last set in
s181ah.jpg

also had to have two bikes on 3 people in the back :laugh:

a mate just gave me this new grinder disc aswell, ill have fun with that tomorow :)

dff674.jpg

Looking good.

Is there anything more than good luck holding your springs in place?

Have you driven it yet? You'll lol the first time you get to a bump and the front is still bouncing 1/4 mile down the road :grinning:

i dont know how much chasis scraping can be goodness.might be hurting him man
looks very good!and think safety too

Looking good.

Is there anything more than good luck holding your springs in place?

Have you driven it yet? You'll lol the first time you get to a bump and the front is still bouncing 1/4 mile down the road :grinning:
yeah mate drove it today and sprigs are absaloutley fine.
its not as bouncy as i thought it might be tbh, click on my signuture link 'chasis scraping goodness. that had no springs in, bouncy is not the word for that car lol
i dont know how much chasis scraping can be goodness.might be hurting him man
looks very good!and think safety too
cheers mate, the chasis is no where near low enough :( im far from happy. 13 inch wheels are on the cards :)

ok so i get paid on fiday and have a few things in mind for the car, so basically im undecided on what colour to do the wheels and trim

should I do them.......

dark metallic purple with body colour coded trim
some people will be aware i liked wheels that stood out on my last car, no different with this only i havnt been to think of a decent colour untill now, the colour would be a really dark purple, kind of like the purple one in the quality street choclates.
2hf6j5d.jpg

ford graphite grey with grey trim but colour coded boot handle and mirrors
this was the original plan, the grey is a really nice shade and is a nice metalic so will go well with the blue.
w98tpu.jpg

gloss black
well what can i say about gloss black, dull, boring, eye sore. tbh its only there to give people more of an option lol.

so theres the reasons, your feedback will all be taken into account because i want it to look good.
cheers :)

I like the wheels that stood out on your old car! Looked mint! Car looked well tidy aswell..new ones looking sweet aswell though! Think the top idea will look best with the purple..something different!

hello again, i have an update for all.
start with the small bits first, thought i would clean my rear drums/ axle and that up as they looked poo.
before
15oyz44.jpg

after
ht8cgl.jpg

bfkuth.jpg

xc2bua.jpg

had a little accident :(
2rmp3zb.jpg

now then for the big part of the update

r2jfc2.jpg

1zntshx.jpg

2zq7a6r.jpg

20zbitl.jpg

as you can see the wheels have been painted ford velvet purple which is just dark enough but not to dark imo, also did the calipers yellow as i think purple and yellow are the bees knees and also it goes well with blue ( and my yellow magic tree i just put in ) :laugh:

darker purple on the wheels!------looks good as is though-but if you look at when they were white/silver thats what SMASHED IT
my passenger handle also couldnt handle it

cheers marty, ill be following your footsteps soon and droping the 1.3 lump in it :D
and r reg i love the wheels as they are atm, couldnt be happier :)

just finished, took longer than i thought it would,
pic of the wheels on a dull day
ojf791.jpg

14ut75.jpg

tinted lights :D
15nvtc5.jpg

11wetdg.jpg

few pics, why not eh, since i pass it every day anyway.
angel of the notrh
2z52o7a.jpg

25yzwxv.jpg

cars no were near low enough:( 13's badly needed
(sorry for dirty car)

Can you take a little more off the front to even up the tyre tuck front to rear and give it a little rake? To my eye it looks a little like you have a couple of bags of sand in the boot.

Can you take a little more off the front to even up the tyre tuck front to rear and give it a little rake? To my eye it looks a little like you have a couple of bags of sand in the boot.
the drivers side sits perfectly level with the front tyre, its exactly how i want it to sit on the 15's, but i need to take a bit more of the left hand side front spring as i didnt take enough off. if you look carefully at the pics with the angel of the north you will notice it leans to one side a bit :( just need to find the time to sort it.

well i have decided after the m.o.t runs out in december the car will be going off the road. the plan is to strip the fulll engine out, exuast system etc so its bare. then sort any rust problems, underseal it then send it in for professional spray, also want the underneath and arches undersealed. rear beam etc will be powdercoated. parts that are in need of replacement will be. then i want to buy a 1.3 and completley clean it up. possible get a rebuild if any of my dads contacts are cheap enough.
this is going to be a long term project, tbh i cant wait for the mot to run out lol.
my inspiration comes from a corsa i have been folowing closely for a while now. i absaloutly insist everybody reads this. the attention to detail is immense and wont diapoint you even if it is a corsa
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=499925

Back